$1,000 finder fee... *click here*

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

WRXATL,

Just wanted to make a quick announcement, that our current 424x Dynojet is up for sale. We will have no use for it in a few months when our new dyno setup gets here.

We just did a recent maintenance on the dyno 3 weeks ago, going through everything an replacing all needed parts. Its 5 years old and has seen some use but still functions perfectly.

The price is $40k, I don't expect anyone here to want it but if you find a buyer for it I will throw you a $1,000.00 finder fee... cash money.

Crappy cell phone pic I know
    [​IMG]

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

would be nice to have one on the south side, I'll ask around but doubt much interest as we're broke in the ghetto.

3. ballistic

ballistic Member

I think we need one, but I dont know if the boss man agrees.

P.S. I think I stayed in the same Doubletree as you in Orlando

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

What are you panning on replacing it with? I will ask around as well.

5. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Probably we stayed at the DT resort... next to the convention center.

6. integroid

You need to clean out your PM's Doug.

7. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Cleaned.... oh and something very pimp will be replacing it along with a nice dyno room in the corner of our shop :)

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I think it is time to install a Dyno in Ped's garage.

9. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Sounds good. will pass the word around.

10. Doug@DBW Motorsports

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Will ask around. So you guys are splitting the dyno from the mechanics work area so they don't get bombarded by noise?

12. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

^^^ This

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

there is a shop down here that is growing. not sure if they already have a dyno. next time im in town ill swing by and ask them

14. Doug@DBW Motorsports

No, its still going to be inside the building. Just moved to the back corner where the one lift is and all the fabricating stuff.

Basically we will be swapping one corner for another, but adding a built in room (IE: Test Cell) with the new dyno in the back corner of the shop.

This way we can more accurately test different conditions.. and will be the only shop in the SE with a true test cell. Also I have been doing two tunes a day now for the last 5 weeks, so it will be nice to have really good ventilation while still being able to keep our garage doors shut and the heater on. I am sure the guys here will like the quiet too :)

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

So the 'test cell' is gonna be closed off, climate controlled and sound proofed?

16. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

This new "test cell" has piqued my curiosity!

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Indeed.

18. integroid

APR already beat you to this. They have a test cell that is climate controlled, sound proof, and can produce 100+ MPH winds from what I remember. and yes, it is an awd dynopack system but the pics only show the two rear wheels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  19. Doug@DBW Motorsports

DAMN!!.... lol... ok so 1 of 2

20. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Dynapack FTL.

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Indeed....crappiest dyno ever.

22. integroid

Why do you guys think it is so crappy? APR swears by theirs and have gone through a few dynos in the last decade.

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You should have seen all the changes Siegel had to make on my car the one time it was on that dynapack at SoG once we went out on the road.

24. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

interesting..... well, i will ask around as also. good luck with the sale.

25. Doug@DBW Motorsports

dynapaks are kind of ehh in my book, I tune on one alot when I travel down to florida. My biggest complaint is the lack of being able to drive the car on it like you would driving down the street.

Edit: Just noticed in the picture of APR's they actually had to cut the edge off the dynapak for clearance to open the car doors.

26. JDM-STI

JDM-STI Member

Not a fan of the Dynopack either, but the APR fan set up for the front end looks super sweet! That's a clean dyno cell.

27. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

that APR dyno room is crazy. They had us in the room during a tour and they fired up some fans and some speakers to emulate noise. It was really impressive.

28. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

I love the APR facility. I have been there numerous times and I learn something new about tuning every time I get in there. That room is frickin freezing btw.

29. integroid

Bump - DOug, if this is still available, can you get me a copy of the sales sheet. I have a friend that can sell it for you in a few weeks when they have their ditributor meeting. LMK

30. WJM

WJM Banned

^NO!!!!!! I want it.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

:) :wiggle: