1 billion hits?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Weapon, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

This guy called AJ is trying to get a billion page views on his site for a thousand pound bet! worth a click... im not sure if he can do it though, there are only 6 billion people on the planet!

I heard about him on Yahoo News.

He says on the interview with Yahoo:
    "ThePixelWebsite.com grew from nothing to 200,000 hits in the first week of being online, over a game of snooker, I just happened to be boasting about it to my friends, which later turned into a debate on how websites work and how to promote them... one of them challenged me, and I love a good challenge, they bet me and said they would gladly give me £ 1000 if I could make a site that gets One Billion Hits! There was one major clause, I cannot spend a penny in marketing the website, just me, my laptop and nothing else. We all know I could simply put a refresh tag in and leave my laptop on for a month. so I told him I would get 1 billion unique hits just to prove it can be done."

The site is:
    http://www.onebillionpageviews.com

What do you think? i think he can do it but it's gonna take ages!!

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Considering there's only around 4 billion possible IP addresses (since IPv6 isn't really widespread) and they're allocated in blocks, not to mention all the non-browsing devices assigned IPs... I doubt it. :)

3. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i agree hes not even at 1 million yet, let alone 100 million. ill check back in a month or so. lol

4. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  5. suby113

suby113 Member

according to that statistic it will take like 50 years or so. Not unless everyone in the world hits this website once like soon.

6. Deke

Deke Active Member

yeah, 1 billion is a rather hefty number. I'm not so sure if he is going to win this bet.

7. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

wow poor him..
    i wonder how long before this ends..
    50 years is a long time by then 1000 pounds would be for a gallon of mulated gasolin