10th St JDM / TSX Retrofit

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Afande, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Afande

Afande Member

There is a guy with multiple aliases but he seems to be a Sensei when it comes to any kind of interior / exterior modding. 10th St. hooked me up on a TSX hid projector retrofit and it's one of those things that after you get done, you wonder why you didn't get it done earlier.

The difference between stock projectors and the 10th St. retrofit is literally and figuratively "Night and Day." I used to dread driving at night, now when the ballasts ignite, mad illumination lights up the night. Seriously though, these things rock. If looks could kill, my car would be in the slammer now. Just the visuals of the semi flat black housings, projectors and ccfls elicit stares and looks of admiration. Sometimes I think I'm driving a high end European car but it simply a Japanese car with the tasteful artistry of a Viking with Sensei'ist tendencies. Actually, just the other day a stunningly beautiful woman struck up a conversation with me. This was utter shock because I know the reason for that was the, "catch my sex appeal retrofits." It's good though that the lights don't talk otherwise I would have a been a jilted fellow.

So the visuals alone are striking. The creme de la creme of the retrofit project is the light illumination. Again, this is one of those things that when you do, you wonder why you hadn't done it sooner. The fog lights and high beams are hardly ever put to use these days and it's not because I'm blinding others with glare or unfocused light beams. The light put out by the TSX projectors combined with Sensei's mastery of all things lighting, result in a light pattern that is OEM'ish in nature yet injects a twist of allure to the new look retrofit. Never once have I scared other drivers into thinking I was on high beams due to the retrofit. Now in contrast, when I had a plug 'n' play hid kit, I was getting flashed at so many times that after 3 weeks I called it quits and sold them for a throw away price.

I can only say that this is one thing that you have to experience to enjoy and when you do enjoy, the enjoyment comes everytime you switch the ignition. The 10th St JDM retrofits are worth every penny and more!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  2. Deke

Deke Active Member

Best review ever!

3. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

Very glad to see that you are still enjoying them. Thank you for the great review!

4. Afande

Afande Member

Yes I am still enjoying them. This is a fad that won't won't fade like Vanilla Ice. Ice Ice Retro!

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Can you believe that I am considering a quad retro for my new setup? :)