15 y/o kid gets 500HP STi

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Oct 16, 2005.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

2. CROSSeyed

CROSSeyed Member

They must have a ton of life insurance on the kid.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

turn 15 and theres almost nothing left for him to look forward to

4. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

HAHA! Whats even more rediculous is that it doesnt even have an airbag in it!! Look at the aftermarket steering wheel in the pics!!

5. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

:werd:

and no matter how responsible my kid is, i would never get him/her 500+ horsepower car as their first car... shoot. my first car was a minivan.

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

man im trying me hardest not to register on the boards and flame this kid.......must resist! this kinda crap pisses me off though. To me 200hp is too much. I have never and will never meet anyone under the age of 17 that is mature enough to drive a car that nice. realistically anyone under 19 or even 20 probably should even have that car. All i know is it disgusts me how parents can just drop cash like that on there kids. My first car was 4k dollars a 93 jeep cherokee 2wd. boy i tell you what!

7. 1984

1984 Member

My first was a '91 AWD Legacy LS auto y0! I hope this kid doesn't kill himself. He can wreck as many times as he wants since his parents will buy him a new nicer car, but his parents can't buy his life back.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  8. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

that kid is going to die.........

9. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

or the possibility of a lost body part and/or being a vegetable. Lets pray its either A. a cocky kid just talking saying his brothers car or other familys is his or B. that he is just making it up altogether and hes about 10.

10. Meredith

Meredith Banned

What i don't get is that he claims he will autox the car? ummm will his car even spool or go into boost on an autox course? Dan's car didn't seem to hit boost until of the course at the Subie Challenge. I don't think this kid knows what he is getting into. I'm sure he'll buy it and then figure out it's too difficult to drive and upkeep.

11. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

looks like the kid is pretty mature for his age, looking at how he handles the flames on the site. Maybe he will go to driving school, but its still going to be hard to control himself with a car like that. just think of all the people that try to race you, now put yourself in a 520+hp car. Hell its hard for me to back down now when someone wants to play.

btw it not his fualt his parents have money, not agreeing with their choice in auto's for a 16 old, but wouldn't each and everyone of you like your kids to have more than you did?

12. CROSSeyed

CROSSeyed Member

True, all parents want that, but there are a ton of nice cars that would be better than the one I had (76 Olds Delta 88) that have way less than 500hp.

That being said, the day I drove my dads car to school (73 Buick Electra w/455 4bbl) I buried the needle (around 125) coming home from band practice trying to show off for the 5 girls I was giving a ride home to... I'm so lucky to have survived my youth and not killed anyone that I'd keep real tight reigns on my kids... course I'm not having kids so point is moot.

13. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

My brother is getting my STI when he turns 16. I am making him drive my Civic until X-mas thou so he can get the feel of 98hp. He is really scared of driving STI, but that is what he has always wanted. Maybe I should detune it when I give it to him.

14. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

that would be an EXCELLENT idea. take it to scott or doug, and have them detune the peak psi to like a single digit boost number. there's plenty of pull in the 2.5 itself for him to learn on.

15. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

hey at least the car isn't RWD that much pony and RWD almost always means certain doom for a kid that age.

16. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

the way i see it is i can remember highschool and how much people are always saying race me, burn out, do a donut, etc...just all kinda dumb things that peer pressure attributes to. This kid is an idiot along with his family. Im sorry but no kid that young should have a car that fast.

17. SilverBullet

SilverBullet New Member

okay, its cool to have a 35,000$ car when your a 15 year old and can't even drive it by yourself. i think its better to start with a car that cant rocket you into a variety of obsticles (trees, cars, walls, telephone poles, etc...). my stock 03 wrx is more than enough to learn on and still fast enough to get into trouble if your not careful. btw, his 16 brother has an evo 8 so I hope neither of them kills themselves.

and heres something ironic...http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10302521&postcount=24

18. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

^^^that's funny!

19. I thought me getting a Legacy would have a bit more power, more refined and less crazy then the WRX (i think...)

but damn 500 HP? Unless hes a driving prodigy....which i doubt, he will do something extremely stupid.

20. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

haha silverbullet that is funny rigth tehre!

21. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

well i checked out the car in the mag, its pretty sweet. i take back what i said before, there is no way in hell this kid should have this car until college graduation

22. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

wanting better for you kids i dont think means putting everyone else at risk because of his inexperience...;p

i mean, there's plenty of ways he can 'have better' that don't involve ridiculous horsepower. a nice pickup, a new Magnum v-6...boat...