2006 BMW 330i

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by slpymnky, May 1, 2006.

1. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

My dad's car is in the shop, so they gave him a 2006 330i. Well I decided to take the car out for a spin. The car is AMAZING. The acceleration, especially for an automatic, blows my mind. The car hits 60 in no time and the handling is awesome. I was set out not to like the new 330i since it's not the best looking car, but BMW definately has proven themselves. WOW what a car.

The only problem I had with the car was that I couldn't figure out how to start it because it has one of those "START/STOP" buttons. Haha. I figured it out eventually though.

Sorry, I just thought I would share.

2. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

lol they r amazing cars, worth their money..

3. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Good torque converters. :)

4. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Great cars...had a chance to drive the new 330 on Saturday...the wife's car is totaled and we're in the market...anyways, looking forward to the 2007 330coupe due out in September. It's going to be a twin-turbo 6 cylinder...interesting.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:eek:hnoes: so whats the m3 gonne have then?

6. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  7. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

they said that about the m3 when the e46 was in plans too

8. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

The sales guy at Global Imports BMW said the M3 will be a big V8, up 2 cylinders from the current inline-6. He also said it would be a few years before the M3 would take on the new E90 body style. I WANT one :naughty: .

9. Demo24

Demo24 Member

the M3's V8 will be based off the V10 in the M5. So yeah its gonna be a hellva engine. I'd imagine around 400hp. I believe there are some spy shots of it testing under protection at the nurburgring.

The 3 series coupe is pretty cool. Looks wise I wouldn't say it's the best but the engine should make up for it. Interestingly the words "twin turbo v6" make it sound super powerful, but in real life it's not cranking out as much power as you would expect. Still it should make about 300hp

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

cars get too powerful too fast =/ i feel lame