2006 eclipse.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by feelthebreak, May 28, 2005.

1. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The Eclipse GT has some serious kick and includes a 263 horsepower, 3.8-liter MIVEC V6, a choice of six-speed manual or a five-speed Sportronicâ„¢ automatic transmission, four-wheel disc brakes with ABS, six airbag safety system, available 650W (max.) Rockford Fosgate 6-CD/MP3-compatible audio system with 9 speakers (including a 10-inch subwoofer), traction control, front strut tower bar, available 18-inch seven-spoke alloy wheels and more."

that`s a pretty awesome deal for $23,699 and mitsubishi`s new warranty is unbeatable. i just wish it was rear-wheel drive. the power is pretty good but it weighs in at a hefty 3472 pounds. the new eclipse is going to be a pretty damn good car once i get used to the looks. i think they could have worked the rear of the car a little better. but overall i like it and the interior looks great. it could also use a turbo.

what are your opinions?

2. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more pics. it wouldnt let me add 8 images in one post.
    you might want to change that alex.

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

they look good in the pics..up close they dont look all that fantastic

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

"The switch to the stiffer Project America platform (Galant, Endeavor), however, has increased curb weight to an obese 3,500 pounds." Still a nice looking car, just not really a performance car in the same way the rex or evo's are.

5. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

They put I old STi next to one of those 2006 eclipse on the lot

6. BelvnAWD

Wonder how much they want for your STI? Do you mind letting us know what they gave you as trade in?

7. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

I can tell this no more than $30,000.00 and no less than 25,500.00 Closer to the lower number LOL

8. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

my mom in her new eclipse

[​IMG]

9. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

also the 0-60 time is 5.8 seconds. and im sure theres some nice power to be had with bolt-ons with that 3.8 liter.

10. married05gt

married05gt starting over

the problem will be that ther will be hundreds of them every were you go. One of the thing I like about the suby is they are not as common

11. BelvnAWD

I thought the mags were all quoting a 0-60 of 6.9 not 5.8, but I could be wrong. As soon as you try to turn a 3800 lbs. FWD car, you'll realize that it is a sporty touring car, not a sports car. Not hating on the car at all, just disappointed by the way the car finally ended up..

12. slug

slug Member

i guess mitsubishi (sp?) is obsessed with those clear tail lights

13. halvdan

halvdan Member

i must say im not very impressed. after their experience with the evo i was expecting something more from mitsubishi.

14. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

pretty nice photo shop of one. looks like its got some potential too me. [​IMG]

15. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

thats a big motor for that car.....I don't like it that much...

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i think it looks bad ass

17. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Looks like it may be another tanker for Mitsu...