2006 STis at SOG (1 white and 1 black)

Discussion in 'General Community' started by BrianGT, Aug 15, 2005.

1. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I was over at SOG this morning dropping off Mere's STi for warranty repair, for her paint bubbles on her hood (clear coat issue), and they had just finished unloading a batch of new vehicles, and two of them were 2006 STis. One of them was black, and the other one was black.

I opened the car and looked at the interior, and it looks almost identical to Mere's 05 STi. From the side, the car also looked the same. The front end doesn't look too bad in person, but I don't like the rear tail lights.

--
    Brian

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

hmm..i might have to make a stop at lunch and say hi to my buddy scott siegel

3. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

muwahaha, thank you for the info i will definately be making Alex go tonight.

4. Weapon

are you talking about yourself again in the 3rd person... :keke:

5. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

alex doesnt appreciate that :p

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

Hmm. Classic is on my way home.

7. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

well i stopped by SOG after the woman :)keke: im Misogynistic) got a haircut and i saw the two beauties, one is black and the other is white. for all the skeptics, the cars look 20 times better in person than in pictures and the new taillights and wing dont look bad at all. i have some pics on the cell phone, ill try and post them up, if i cant, i will take more pictures tomorrow with a real camera when i go back tomorrow.

Alex/WRX-WRC

8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

saweet

9. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Yea classics are still partially covered in white sheets but the black one looks very nice. It looks a lot better (not necessarily fantastic) in person. I'm still trying to get my dad into an outback or STI w/ skidplate. Silly parents buying a house off an unmaintained 6 mile long one lane gravel highway.

10. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

The white 06 STI is cleaned up and now in the SOG showroom. I took some pictures of it today. The black one is in the back parking lot.

--
    brian

11. Weapon

Ttiuwop

12. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

^^^^what? :ugh: ^^^^^^

13. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

This thread is useless without pictures, his normal response

14. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

oh....thanks bro....i haven't received my decoder ring yet :ugh: j/k

15. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

fine...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

left my camera at work yesterday.

--
    Brian

16. Meredith

Meredith Banned

i want the rear diffuser on my car!

17. Kraut

Kraut New Member

BMW 5 Series front lights suzukia forenza grill *barf*

18. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i agree, it DOES look better than the first few rounds of picts i saw! :cool:

19. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

one thing, though. why do car designers have to copy themselves all the damn time? the guy/designer, i forget his name, is formally from Alfa Romeo and this was his first project with subi. the frontend is soooo Alfa.

20. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I sat in that STi this morning! Beautiful car.

21. married05gt

married05gt starting over

well after seeing it in person I must say its a gorgeous car. The only thing I dont like is the piece above the back window

22. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

I have to agree, with john. The rear window spoiler sucks as well as the grill. However the bumper looks seamless, overall the car looks good, just going to take a while to get used to the grill.

23. Have they even let anyone test drive it yet? (ha i wish i could)

24. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

nope, and they wont, its a "high performance vehical" or atleast that is why my friend could not test a used one.

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

definitely look better in person.. will have to go up there and check it out soon

26. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

i like the grill personally, the only thing that's not floating my boat is the rear diffuser.

27. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Why, oh Why would you make the hood scoop smaller?????? That's one of the things I love about the STI is the obnoxiously large scoop....

28. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

I went and saw it last night. I think it looks awesome!! Very impressed. I can't wait to see one lowered & modded. Very aggressive. The only things i didn't like were the tail-lights and i would like to have seen a larger hoop scoop, but those can easily be fixed.

-drums

29. Weapon

if you look under the rear of the car it also has another defuser under it..looks kinda like that sonic the hedgehog spikes on the rear of the evo mr..i still think they should have gone a different direction with ther styling of the front end..it just doesnt look aggressive anymore..and the tail lights are aweful!! altezzas are teh gay

30. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yuh, getting used to the look of the 06 finally. I actually like them now.

--
    Brian

31. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

holy shiet backfromthedeadthread. i was readin before lookin at the dates and was wonderin why lookin at a black n white 06 was such a big deal...

32. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

33. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

yep me too i thought it was about the new limited edition sti. lol

34. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

haha, old ass thread :)

--
    Brian

35. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

whats with you resurrecting old threads? get drunk or something?

36. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

not drunk, just trying to maintain activity on the forums, since less then 10 people are posting

37. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Wow, the first post was around a year ago.

I do have to say that I went from driving my 04 wrx and HATING the MY06 front end treatment to:

Seeing one in person at a dealership and thinking "its not AS ugly as in the magazines" (then I went and looked at EVO's)

to:

going to the dealership and driving one and thinking: "I'll buy the damned car because it handles great, and if I don't have to look at the nose ..I'm good."
    (bought the 06 that day)

to:

"I actually like the wedge shaped nose on the car"

38. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yeah, I am starting to like the 06 nose :)

--
    Brian

39. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i loved it the moment i saw the black one :)

40. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I liked the white one better

41. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

The nose is growing on me since I bought one, I think when I get my front lip installed it'll look a lot better.... Should be here Wednesday!!!