2008 Aspen White STI

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Sakari Motorsports, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Hello,

I've finally decided to start a journal for my 08 sti that I recently picked up. :naughty:

As some of you guys know, I've previously owned 04 WRX with 18g turbo and another 04 STi.

Here's a pic of the 04 WRX!
    [​IMG]
    Car made 308whp and 296wtq on Topspeed dyno with Ecutek tune by Doug.
    The car was soon parted out and traded in.

After driving other cars, last year I picked up 04 STi which I did couple of suspension mods and sold again.

Here's the 04 STi before I sold the car.
    [​IMG]

and the 08 STi the day I picked up.
    [​IMG]

I tinted the windows (20% all around) and picked up oem fogs and spt lip shortly after.
    [​IMG]

Here's a rear shot after the tail light film. I just bought a roll of film, applied it and then trimmed it afterwards. I tried making a template but I just couldn't get it to fit on perfectly with the curves on the tail lights.
    [​IMG]

RCE yellow springs were then installed which improved the handling and got rid of some wheel gap but I'm planning on a set of coilovers soon.

The STi is now sponsored by Invidia and they hooked me up with catted downpipe and q300 catback.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can also see the back up camera I installed in the trunk trim in the last pic. Previous owner had drilled a hole on the trim and mounted the camera but I wanted it to be angled down so I replaced the trunk trim and mounted the camera angled down.

I love the sound of the q300 exhaust. It's a little louder than I expected when driving but you can't even hear the exhaust during idle. Fitment is perfect as expected from my previous experiences with Invidia parts.

I flashed cobb stage 1 map right before the turboback exhaust and I was just shocked how much smoother the car ran and the power gain compared to stock. I didn't notice so much difference with the stage 2 map though, compared to stock -> stage 1 map.

I was then in the market for new wheels. I initially wanted the Enkei nt03+m in 18x9.5 but I didn't want to deal with spacers so I went with Work XD9s in 18x9 with 38mm offset.
    [​IMG]
    installed with Muteki SR35 lugs.
    [​IMG]
    Wheels were mounted and balanced along with an alignment at Allpro Subaru. :wavey:
    They also hooked me up with transmission/rear diff fluid while I was there as well.

I then painted the silver grilled piece to black. I was actually able to pull the grille out without taking off the bumper. I first took out the plastic clips on the top, reached in from the bottom opening the the bumper to unscrew the 4 screws along the bottom of the grille. I didn't put the screws back in when I reinstalled the grille because it actually clipped in and was secured even without the screws... and I didn't want any more scratches on the arm :eek:hnoes:
    [​IMG]

Decals were put on for Nopi Nationals.
    [​IMG]

I've only had the car for about 3 months now and I have more parts on the way.

I will keep everyone updated!

Thanks for reading!

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

AHhh, I saw you yesterday on Old Peachtree Road. I was wondering who owned this car:)

3. Al.SpecB

Al.SpecB Member

I saw it on Satellite Blvd a couple of days ago!! I wondered if they were on the forum. Very nice car.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome back!

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Very nice.........

6. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

What's up man. I bought the JDM yellow fogs from you years back. I just got back into the fame myself but took a step down with a 2012 WRX base model and I love it. Welcome back. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. liltoua

liltoua Member

Love it!!! I want a new hatch too as my next car

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome back, Michael! :wavey:

9. Tank

Tank Member

That exhaust sounds really nice. I was driving this morning and thinking that my car is a little too quiet. There is just not enough audible feedback. Very nice car by the way.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012