2010 Legacy review

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, May 7, 2010.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Well, its done... Turned in the STI and got a 2010 Base Leggie... Did pretty good on the deal... 3 year/10k lease for $260 a month with zero down. Thats with them taking care of my last two STI payments ($1050), Subaru paying my 1st Leggie payment, Ad Valorom rolled in because my burfday is in 2 weeks....
    First impressions..... NICE!
    Goods: Damn near fully loaded for a base model.. Interior looks better and has more creature comforts than the STI had.... was really surprising... Hill assist, cool gas mileage naughty/nice gauge, E-brake is a button now, Stereo has ipod and USB ports in the center console (sweet), came with extended arm-rest, roomy, roomy, roomy... I guess Subaru extended the wheelbase on most models.. This allows for so much more room inside. This is the 1st car I've ever had where someone could actually sit behind me(I'm 6 4' and basically sit in the back seat to drive most cars), trunk is HUGE, Lots of compartments for stuff, super quiet ride.. no more 3" exhaust drone on the hwy...
    Bads: NO POWA! Less than 1/2 the power of the STI, so this is gonna take some getting used to.... Crappy wheels. Haven't had a car in 10 years that had friggin wheelcovers.. Going to need to find someone with Leggie GT takeoffs for the low-low, sloppy 6 speed.. its all mushy, gas mileage sucks.. don't know for sure yet, just got it.. but I'm guessing 22 or 23 mpg with mixed driving, was hoping for better, but I knew this before buying... All in all, I'm happy with my purchase.. this will save me over $300 per month(closer to $350), hopefully allowing to get my shit together... (engagement ring, Springfield XD, LCD for my room..... then hacking away at debt)... Gonna miss the STI though :(