2011 Ford Focus 2.0 Ecoboost

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Matt, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  2. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Nice looks good on paper too

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yet another care we'll never see... the RS is awesome as well....

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I think that we're supposed to be getting the turbo version over here. Would Shring sell the RS to buy one?

5. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I like it too. I bet it'll look good in white.

6. heathbar

heathbar Member

I like the '11 focus hatch!

7. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

love it, an awd focus rs would make me consider trading in my subie

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

SO many new cars coming out soon. The new VW GOlf R should be out by the end of year as well.

9. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I like the Golf R, but bet its going to have crazy price premiums at the dealer...

10. longfury

longfury Active Member

The Golf R will be in the low $30K like the R32 was.

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

hmm interesting i like it

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  12. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I never priced an R32 at a dealer, but it was my understanding from talking to others that out the door prices on R32's from dealers were closer to 40K than 30K?

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

If only it wasn't a Ford. I will never buy a Ford, ever.

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

It was initially. Eventually they came down to MSRP and would not really budge off of that.

15. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Fixed... Ford has honestly stepped up their game in the last few years.

16. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

17. integroid

I have to agree. Seriously, have you driven a ford lately? Most of their new technology still comes from other car manufacturers but at least it is a step in the right direction. Unlike epic fail Chrysler that hasnt really done anything innovative in years.

18. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

what makes you think that? The Golf R won't be here until the end of the production life cycle like the other two.

oh and MKV R32's didn't sell well ever. there were many that sold for $28k. Sticker was $32k w/o navi

MKIV Sold well, then slowed, then sold well at the end. Then they became unobtainium and commanded new prices when they were 1-2 yers old

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  19. integroid

What makes me think what? I just said the Golf R will be released later this year and it is a car I was drolling over yesterday.

20. Matt

Ford turned a complete 180 and is doing very well for themselves, and putting out quality products now.

This car is coming to the U.S. next year.

21. Matt

did you read the article? ;)

22. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have other reasons for never owning a Ford, not their quality. Its similar to the reason I will never own a VW.

23. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

because both companies have an anti-sematic past?

24. integroid

How does ford have an anti-sematic past?

25. Matt

from Henry Ford's quote:

:rofl:

26. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

what makes you think the Golf R will be release later this year? I have it on pretty good authority that it won't

27. integroid

I thought it was to be released in Europe this year, no? I thought Tom said it was going to be released in the US as a 2011 model? I dunno...just saying I would pimp a Golf R:)

28. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

It is already out in Europe. Tom who?

The Golf R is/will be pimp. If/when it arrives odds are it is a 2012 model. But then, what do I know I'm just some guy on the internet ;-)

29. Matt

you don't know nothing...

30. integroid

You know, the guy that tuned your R32:)

31. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

like it but..............................found on road dead............

32. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I grew up a GM guy (at least in terms of the Big 3) but that has been changing since they became Government Motors. Ford has been impressing me more and more lately. Not only do I like the Focus, but I think the even the new Mustangs look good!

If I were buying strictly on looks, I would buy a Focus over a new WRX any day of the week.

33. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

34. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I honestly like the new Taurus SHO too if it wasn't $40K!!
    I've always loved the Euro model Foci but we always got the sorry watered down versions.

35. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Oh that Tom

36. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

mmmmm....I'd love a MKIV R32. I would have bought one when they came out but I had just bought a 20th anniv.. It's been really hard for me not to get out of a Suby now that the price of them is in my range. And if they weren't '04 VW's that are mostly around 100K miles old and falling apart I would.

But an AWD turbo Focus would certainly be the death of my Fozz. That or it would bring down the value of the '10 STi SE enough for me to get that. Either way, I'm excited to see what happens.

And my next car won't be WRB.

37. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

After owning Ford's: cars/trucks and Subaru cars, at around 90k both have been "found on road dead", can't say one or the other is more or less reliable. I can't say I am impressed by Subaru other than they do provide a unique STOCK platform. They are slightly over engineered but definitely not over manufactured and do not seem to take well to modifications. The Sti is a very well designed and manufactured car but is pricey for what it is. The alternative WRX, quality wise, is no better or worse than any new Ford and the WRX 5sp transmission is no exception which seems to be designed to fail and by Farrrrrrr more expensive than most, or may I say any, Ford tranny to replace.

Ford Europe has established itself for decades in Europe with vehicles they probably should have been selling here a while back. The European Focus and Fiesta are both well established platforms in Europe and with the current event of Fords come back, they have a huge opportunity to establish some big credibility and go head to head with the Asian sub compact performance market. In addition both the Focus and the Fiesta are consummate rally platforms with tried and tested awd/fwd drive systems that have been winning consistently. I wouldn't go as far as to say they would be incredibly reliable, but more than likely incredibly cheaper to work on than a Subaru and possibly pretty damn fun to drive!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010