2011 MVP Track Time Road Atlanta Track Weekend

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Feffman, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Feffman

Feffman Member

Good Morning WRX Fans:

MVP Track Time (www.MVPTrackTime.com) is hosting our 3rd annual “Flyin’ Turkey Trot” track weekend at Road Atlanta November 19-20, 2011. All are welcome and invited to join us for the on-track fun.

We schedule a minimum of six, 20-minute run sessions for each of the three (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) run groups each day. We have qualified instructors available for the Novice group.

All info and registration is available on our "Track Day Registration" page of the web site at:

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call me at (314) 249-3770 or e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com.

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at the track!

Feff

2. Feffman

Feffman Member

Good Morning All:

MVP has received a number of e-mails and calls asking about entry fees for our (www.MVPTrackTime.com) 2011 track events. This same information is on our web site, so no one is "surprised”. The dates and entry fees for our initial 2011 track events are listed below.

April 16 – 17, 2011: Putnam Park - SOLD OUT!

June 6, 2011: Autobahn Country Club (FULL 3.56 mile track) - SOLD OUT!

August 8, 2011: Autobahn Country Club II (FULL 3.56 mile track) - SOLD OUT!

October 15 – 16, 2011: Road America:
    $375-Weekend ​
    $250-Single Day ​

November 19 – 20, 2011: Road Atlanta:
    $400-Weekend ​
    $250-Single Day ​

All info and registration is available on our "Track Day Registration" page of the web site at:

As always, we schedule a minimum of six, 20-minute run sessions for each of the three run groups daily. Complimentary, qualified instructors are available for the Novice drivers.

Please feel free to call (314) 249-3770 or e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com if you need more information. All are welcome. Happy Motoring!

Feff

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  3. Feffman

Feffman Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  4. Feffman

Feffman Member

June 6th is sold out.

Feff

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  5. Feffman

Feffman Member

August 8th is nearing capacity at Autobahn Country Club.

Feff

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  6. griggs81

griggs81 Supporting Member

Just signed up for the November Road Atlanta event. Anyone else going?

7. Banana

Banana Member

Would like to make it to this, seems like so far away though haha.

8. Feffman

Feffman Member

It will be here before you know it.

Feff

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  9. Feffman

Feffman Member

We (www.MVPTrackTime.com) are almost 3/4 full for Road Atlanta November 19-20. Hope to see you all at our 3rd Annual Flyin' Turkey Trot .

Feff

10. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

An annual tradition for me. :) See you soon!

11. trouble06

trouble06 Member

I wanna go but we'll be in the busy restaurant season!

12. Feffman

Feffman Member

Sharif:

I look forward to seeing you at RA in November. It appears, once again, we will have a full house.

Feff

13. Feffman

Feffman Member

The Advanced & Intermediate run groups at Road Atlanta in November is full. Call (314) 249-3770 or e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com for the advanced or intermediate reserve list.

Feff

14. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Damn. I wanted to do this on Sunday. I guess I procrastinated for too long. I called the number and added my name to the reserve list. Fingers crossed a spot opens....

15. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I'll be there for the Saturday session.

16. Stetson

Stetson Member

Griggs 81 - did you sign up for the whole week-end or just one day? I was there in September with the BMWCAA and it was a blast. Thier instructor corps was top flight. I really learned a lot and might do it again.

We'll be at Little Talledega on the 11th, but this would be a nice follow-up.

17. griggs81

I'll be there all weekend at the MVP track event testing out the new setup on my car (new TBE system, Stage 2 tune and hopefully a new coil-over suspension if I get all the parts and install them in time). Please stop by and say hello if you can. I have the fully caged and stripped out Silver 2006 STi.

Bummer, I forgot to look for you at the BMW event. I was having tire problems on Saturday so I was running around trying to get them fixed... I've attended almost every one of the BMW DEs at RA since 2007 and have had the same experience with the instructors (top notch). Even in the A group you get an instructor to start out with. My instructor was actually someone on a Pro team that was in the club race over the weekend. Needless to say I also learned a lot, even with a solid 13 weekend events at RA. Good luck at Little Talledega and tell Nabil that his former student Chris with the STi says hello!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  18. sorzantd

sorzantd New Member

Hey There Griggs81,

I was wondering who had that race prep'd STi at the BMW event...I was there, but never made it over to say hello. Unfortunately my weekend went south pretty early on with a spun bearing in my blue 02 wagon. So I had my hands full getting that sorted and towed.

On the upside my buddy let me run the rest of the weekend in his 3 series race car, so not all was lost! The BMW club runs a tight ship - very quality instructors.

I'm currelty having the guys at Allpro build me a 2.5 longblock and should be back on the road shortly. Back on the track in November?! Hmmm...maybe...

19. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I'm in with my brother. 05 WRX and his 09 spec.B

We can't wait.

20. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Mark - can I sign up for sunday only intermediate? I know traffic is usually lighter sundays :)

21. griggs81

I'm stoked about driving this weekend. Gonna see how my new sway bars, anti-lift kit, alignment, and TBE/tune perform. Hopefully break 1:45 this time... Just gotta change the oil and finish a few little things.

Feel free to stop by and say hello if you can. I'll try to walk around and be sociable in-between entertaining friends dropping by.

22. Stetson

Stetson Member

Hey Dude - Little Talley was awesome. Tons of track time. We are going to do it again in the spring so hoepfully the stars will align and you can make it.

I am going to try and get out there on Sunday and hook up with you. My STI is bone stock and I really want to pick you brain and see what has work/hasn't worked. Its such a hot car out of the box I am nervous about going backwards with 'upgrades'. lol...

I'll check you out on Sunday - run fast and hot.

Stetson

23. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Just a few more days. :)

24. griggs81

I broke a couple of things on Saturday:

1. I broke 1:45 at the track (my dad said he timed a 1:42, but we will see after I review the videos).

2. I broke my car. Lots of oil being burned through the tailpipe on startup and under load. Don't feel comfortable driving it all the way home :| Thank you Cicio for offering to tow my car from the track to your shop. Hopefully, we can get this car fixed and ready for another 5-10 years of hard racing without me having to get a second mortgage (if you can even do that anymore) :).

So, obviously I won't be driving on Sunday, but I'll be up there for a little while to hang out. So bummed that I won't be driving; the car felt so good, like good enough to hit 1:40 - 1:41...

25. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Good to meet you there Griggs. Sorry about your car man, that sucked.

I wasn't working my vid camera right earlier, but the last session shot right, and I had a bunch of 1:43s and one 1:42. Probably the best I've run despite how cold it was.

Last session I lost power after turn 12, which has happened before to me when I go under 1/4 tank, only I was just under 1/2 tank. CEL was for fuel pump malfunction. Car sounds funny now under power, but despite 71K of hard miles the damn thing refuses to die. I restarted and pulled off, seemed fine but my left rear was corded on the shoulder so those tires lasted exactly to the last session lol.

I think my car is going to be put away until I can save for a motor breakdown, Moroso pan, accumulator, new fuel pump and measures to keep fuel pickup from failing, and some safety. Turning those kind of times I feel like I need to get the safety stuff in place.

When I was getting my braking right at the end of the back straight, I was drifting 10A which set up 10B better and was the best I've ever felt through that section.

I've thought about looking for an E36, but the STi is just way to fun to drive.

I'll get a couple vids up of the good lap times, which were when I was trying to catch a red GT3.

PS: And my car is still on the homepage of MVP Track Time, coming around the inside of a red Vette lolz.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  26. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Here's a vid of some of the faster laps. I only got the last session and an early session when it was balls freezing cold. I like the HD Hero, but it's hard to tell if the damn thing is on/off or taping when you can't see the front of it. Stupid thing should have a screen in the back, or at least an LED showing that it's taping.

[youtube]d-aKisWb6Yc[/youtube]

27. 2thAche

2thAche Member

A couple more vids:

[youtube]Mz0KPeGKDxs[/youtube]

[youtube]zJuVk63MEX0[/youtube]

28. griggs81

Good to meet you too. Hope to see you at another event in the future. This is my first real problem in 5yrs of racing the car, so it was bound to happen. I was just hoping it would be a little later.

NICE! Those are some great times. I'll be posting video from Harry's Lap Timer on my iPhone. I was impressed with the results that it gave me over a standard video camera without going to a more expensive set-up (like a Traqmate and then adding video).

That happens to me too, even at barely less than a half tank - fuel starvation. That's why I always try to fill up my tank before each session. Let me know what you find out on how to fix this. If it's an inexpensive fix I would be very interested...

I hear you on that. I already have the Moroso pan, but I'll be adding an accumulator... I got my cage at Robinson Racing and they did a great job except for breaking the steering angle sensor.

29. griggs81

Here is my video of the last session my car was able to run...

Pretty eventful session. Broke my car, turned a 1:43, and passed a Lamborghini Aventador around 5:50 in the video...

The g sensor turns yellow above .9Gs and red above 1.1Gs. The beeping was set to 6,200 rpms on the tach.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVSKJt3JUxI