2011 swp sti p magnet

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by lblinson, May 4, 2012.

1. lblinson

lblinson Supporting Member

Went on a mountain run with a friend 5 years ago in his sti and was blown away. Had no idea a little four banger could be so much fun. I grew up wanting some monstrous detroit muscle car that I could melt the tires on. Since then I have been on an endless pursuit to buy my own.

I went through a few phases where I tried to sell everything that I owned and then take on an enormous debt load and every time someone with some common sense shook me and saved me from destroying my credit.

So finally I am out of school with no debt (thank you lottery playing degenerates ha) and have a decent enough job to save some money and buy this thing. I always loved the '05' and even the '07 and '08s but I didnt want anything with high miles. I just couldn't stomach buying a high mileage turbo vehicle. But to find one within 250 miles with an acceptable amount was almost impossible.

So i ended up finding a barely used 2011 swp (4500 miles) hatch at a local dealer and after a full cavity inspection to prove I was a serious buyer the waltz began. I left the dealer twice during this dance in complete disgust with the whole experience but ended up going back because it was the best car I could find. In the end I left with the car and new level of hatred for scum bag car dealerships. But who cares the car is mine and as the hope and change crowd would say " the dream has become a reality". That was December 23 of last year and I have been loving it ever since. I have bad days at work frequently but the drive home heals all. I don't even blink when I send the payment in every month.

I have done absolutely nothing to the car since I purchased it. That is all changing soon. Recently ordered whiteline front and rear sways and a cobb shirt throw shifter. After reading a lot of posts I felt like this was a good starting point. Will post some pictures at some point

Attached Files:

2. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Welcome!

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Awesome story. Welcome to the community

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

welcome

5. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

These things love the twisties. Welcome!

6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Nice story.

Nice Car.

Enjoy.

7. liltoua

liltoua Member

Welcome to the club!