2014 2.5i premium Legacy?

Discussion in 'General Community' started by ihavefat, Oct 11, 2014.

1. ihavefat

ihavefat Member

My cousin is thinking of getting one so I wanted to double check with you guys..I know the NA cars are pretty bulletproof but I was wondering if there was anything else?

-How reliable is the motor?
    -Any compaints on the cvt auto tranny? Gas mileage?
    -Is 2015 worth it over the 2014 or is 2014 worth it over the earlier models?
    -any special maintenance things to watch out for?

2. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

The 2015 models have ALOT more gadgets than the 2014 models.

I would hold out for the 2015. The gadgets are that good.

My wife's outback had the same motor, and it seemed to be a reliable. My 1 comment is the 0w20 oil that they are putting in the newest models so freaking thin that it burns off. Once he gets the car he should check the oil ever 1000 miles or so to make sure there is enough in there.

3. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

The 2015 is a major difference. I wasn't planning on being impressed with the 15s when they started shipping to the dealership. I took a spin in a few and was blown away with how comfortable and how much nicer the interiors are.

4. ihavefat

ihavefat Member

Oh wow..well she is pretty set on the 2014..is there a big price difference? What kind of gadgets are we talking about?

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

If she's looking at a new 2014 and a new 2015, there's almost zero price difference, outside of the dealer wanting to clear out last years inventory.

6. ihavefat

ihavefat Member

Ooh awesome. :D thank you

7. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

The touch screen radio thing in the middle has all sort of cool stuff tied into, and I am not even talking about the SAT Nav stuff.

The bluetooth function is MUCH easier to use.
    The are service record things for every piece of the car that should be replaced.
    The interior is much nicer, and has several bits that are more logically planned out. For example, the USB thing that used to be in the central console. Now its on the dash under the radio.

Sit in the 2014 and then sit in the 2015. IMO its worth the extra little bit if money isnt an issue.