2015 Mustang GT

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by wrxin8or, Apr 6, 2015.

1. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Since getting rid of my WRX almost 5 years ago, I have been hankering for a new car. About two months ago I placed an order on a new 2015 Mustang, and finally picked it up this weekend!

2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Package in Competition Orange

435hp 400lb/ft 5.0L V8 of 'MERICA

[​IMG]

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

3. wrxin8or

somebody's just jealous

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

loljk. it's a sweet ride with so much potential. nice work, duder!

5. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I love the look of the 15's. congrats on your purchase!

6. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Someone here at work has that exact same build including the color. I absolutely love the new body styling and the interior looks nice from what I have seen through the window. The color is a little meh for my tastes but to each their own......its better than anything I currently own.

Nice car dude! Any plans for it? Local here has a 2014 with some bolt ons and a tune and it's freaking fast....tons of tq.

7. wrxin8or

Thanks delette.

Short term plans will be an intake/exhaust/tune. Intake and tune alone pick up over 40hp.

Longer term plans will likely be a hellion turbo kit. On low boost (8psi) they are making 650whp and 800whp on higher boost (12psi) with twin precision 62s.

8. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

If I'm not mistaken those bottom ends and the stock trans can handle 1000 hp all day every day. I really do like the Coyote engine.

9. wrxin8or

Yup, they are holding pretty crazy power. The fastest stock block coyote ran a 9.12 in the 1/4mi

Then again, with a little bit of spray they got a 2015 into the 9's too haha

10. ihavefat

ihavefat Member

Awesome car. You will love the Coyote. crazy capable motor

11. Justin V

Justin V Member

Like the STI wheels. Stay true to your roots!!!

12. stirhino

stirhino Member

Nice car! The six speeds suck! They are Chinese transmissions. Be careful! The autos are absolute beast transmissions. My buddy has a 13gt with a vmp blower kit. He broke his tranny when it was stock with a tune. It was at the dealer for 2 months getting fixed under warranty. Another of my friends has a 13 with a Paxton blower and his tranny let go too. If you want to see the Chinese sticker that's on the trannys let me know I'll post a photo.

13. wrxin8or

Yeah, I had heard bad things about the 11-14 transmissions, but I know people are putting down some crazy power and crazy 1/4mi times and I haven't heard of anyone blowing up their 6spd yet on a 2015.

14. stirhino

stirhino Member

Wow I hope they did change the 6speed in the '15 it didn't make sense to me that they would use such a crappy 6 speed.

15. Western

Western Supporting Member

Nice car! Loving the color. Ive never been a fan of Mustangs....until the 2015 model year. It looks so good. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the car....I've never followed a Mustang Build, so I'm interested to see how you mod it.
    Those are actually the Mustang wheels. The STi wheels and Mustang wheels are pretty much exactly the same.....Which is funny to me.

16. Justin V

Justin V Member

That is sad about the trannies, I thought they'd have used the t56's from the 03-04 terminators.

I really would like a coyote mustang, but have heard concerns about the cylinder wall thickness... especially under boost. And now the Chinese transmissions... ugh... sounds like my subaru all over again.

V8 is in my future, either an 1st gen CTS-V to beat on, a 2nd gen CTS-V wagon, or a terminator (considered a '14 with the track pack)

17. stirhino

stirhino Member

My buddy with the 13 with the vmp blower Has the track pack. It's a nice car it's just those damn junk trannys

18. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

No worse than any Subaru though to be honest!

19. wrxin8or

Yup.

So far the only thing that seems to be breaking at higher power levels is the halfshafts when people put on full drag tires.

20. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I almost bought a 2015 back in Dec. I drove it and the whole way to test drive the car I ended up with, I was telling myself I couldn't believe I was buying a Mustang. Everything is in the right place inside. The on-throttle torque alone sold me. I had it going in-between the yellow lines on the test drive it felt great. A guy with your package was at our TNT for the season opener and it did amazing. One of the fastest cars of the day in fairly wet conditions. We'll see this year if it's faster then the Boss. It's adding up to be the best preforming Mustangs yet.

21. wrxin8or

I pretty much had the same opinion going into it. I was basically trying to decide between keeping my Infiniti and getting something just fun (Mustang) or getting rid of the Infiniti and getting something fun but still classy (550i/Audi S-something/etc.). In the end I am extremely happy with the decision I made.

It doesn't surprise me that the '15 with the PP performed great. Lots of sticky rubber under the car, a ton of power, 3.73s in the rear, and finally an IRS make for a great driving car. I want to make it out to at least one autox event this year to see how well it performs.

22. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Congrats on your purchase.

I actually for once like the new body style.

23. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Does the PP come with the Brembo's, or is that an option? They stopped that car on a dime.

And yes, you do need to bring it out to an autox :naughty:

24. wrxin8or

Yup, PP comes with the monster Brembos.

PP basically comes with:

Brembos
    19x9.5s with better tires (for stock tires...)
    3.73 rear end
    stiffer suspension
    "Bigger radiator"
    front strut bar

and a few cosmetic things.

The brembos are definitely needed to haul it to a stop when your go-fast foot gets a little heavy haha

25. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

The director of my department just bought himself a Dodge Challenger R/T Scatpak. That car is nasty although heavy.

26. wrxin8or

Yeah, Car & Driver just did a comparison between a scat pack, a highly optioned Camaro, and the 2015 GT. The GT won.

27. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

i really like the fact that the car comes with ventilated seats! such a hard feature to find on not-so-expensive cars... Seems like most American companies value the feature more than others. My girlfriend and I test drove the ecoboost but the car felt super sluggish.. I`m sure the GT is something else :)

28. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Good shit, carry on.

29. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

That was the reason i did not buy it despite all the reasons I had to actually get it. Car looks great. Can wait to see the future plans done :bowdown:

30. wrxin8or

Finally got around to getting a custom plate for the mustang.

[​IMG]

31. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

After my new engine is dropped in my wrx I'm debating selling it... Would really love to get a 15' or 16 Mustang GT.... I'm just afraid it would be an awful decision living in Denver...