2015 STI double din install, anyone here know how to do it?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Sixth_Vang, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Sixth_Vang

Sixth_Vang Member

2015 STI non-nav, looking to get double din unit professionally installed while retaining steering wheel controls. Any suggestions?

2. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I used Benchmark Soundworks in Alpharetta for my custom build in my 350z several years ago. They Built me a custom fiberglass box to fit behind my strut brace in the trunk, installed my JLw7, door speakers, hid my amp (badass), and installed a head unit for me.

They charged me a super fair price and did an amazing job. The best part about it is they let me hang out in the shop and help. I love shops that will let you hang out and help out while working on your car. (Owner didn't like it that much though) but the guy that installed everything was awesome.

3. Sixth_Vang

Sixth_Vang Member

Good looking out! Almost 5 years ago when I used to work at Fry's in Duluth the jobs i've seen done there by old co-workers have scarred me lol

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Pretty simple to keep controls....just have to buy a head unit that can do it plus an adaptor.

5. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

PS - if you purchase from Crutchfield you can opt for the upgraded package that comes with the wiring harness and steering wheel control adaptor.