28 Weeks Later

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by miloman, May 29, 2007.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

This movie was awesome. A good zombie flick with tons of gore. Not for those with a weak stomach though. If you liked the first one (28 Days Later), you will love this one. If you are thinking about how this movie compares to the first, think Alien and Aliens.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea i want to see..I will have to wait till it comes to dvd though. I liked the first one.

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

AAAAH i didnt even know it was out...show how much i interact with the outside world
    I'll let ou know what i think when i do see it...thanks for letting me know its out!

4. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i liked all of it except the nightvision part, i thought that was kinda dumb.

5. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Ugh I hated the endings of both of these movies.....they were just terrible

6. jayj713

jayj713 Member

but what could've made a good ending? imo it would be pretty hard to make a good ending out of zombie movies. 28 days later, 28 weeks later, land of the dead, and whatever else all had "unsastifying" endings.
    spoiler (highlight to read :p)

yea, the movie was pretty good, imagine how scared you would be if you left your wife for the zombies and then found out she was still alive! :rofl:

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  7. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

As enjoyable as it was, i'm sad they're milking 28 days later for a trilogy.
    28 Days Later didn't need/deserve a sequel because it wasn't just a stupid zombie movie.

28 Days Later was just like Lord of a Flies, a small isolated microcosm, examining what little miniature society springs up when people are desperate and primal. The best part about it was that the military was more horrific and dispicable than the infected. The fear you experience is relating to Jim's dilemma of being alone. The ending was fine, as well as the 3 alternate endings on the DVD. Great music by Godspeed You! Black Emporer etc. etc.

28 weeks later did away with all that and you're just left with a fun zombie gorefest that leaves room with a weak ending to make a third entry.

That's why i'm a bit disappointed with it. And i just gotta say, hells no Milo, Aliens was a ridiculously better improvement than this sequel.

8. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea..Alien and Aliens set the bar pretty damn high for comparison

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

If that's a major spoiler, I will punch you in the taint.

:D Just kidding. I do definitely want to see this movie though. I'm a fan of the first and generally a fan of any well made zombie movie.

10. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I enjoyed this one a lot and was a huge fan of the original. I think a third one would be pretty lame though.

11. jayj713

jayj713 Member

oops, fixed!

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ill see it somepoint soon Im sure.

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Late review, another "Meh..." rating. I though 28 days later was pretty sweet for what it was, and I love the concept for this movie. It just wasn't carried out very well. No way dude would have left his wife in the beginning either...

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

no way she woulda survived either haha

15. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

my opinion is that 28 days later had the better story and 28 weeks later and so much blood it was rediculous. blood on blueray looks amazing btw.

16. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

wait what a 3rd one