Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by mattprzy, Oct 15, 2006.

1. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

This movie is based off the legend of 300 spartans going against 1,000,000 persians. Trailer looks good, it's by Frank Miller (I think he did Sin City?). I can't wait to watch this personally.

here is a YOUTUBE Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG-S4iHPCXg

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

well for some reason youtube wasn't working for me, but I searched the trailer and it does look pretty badass. And yes, Frank Miller is the guy who did Sin City.

3. RADON

RADON Member

4. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

can't effing wait for this one.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

didnt even know about this movie, looks like awesomeness :)

6. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

only prob with the graphic novel is that he took way to much creative license, and I wish the movie was more grounded in fact. The graphic novel is well written as most of Frank miller's stuff is. I just think that the reality of how bad ass and truely amazing this battle was didn't need frank millers run with it ideas. As it stands the history is better then the fiction.
    I think I have the graphic novel on my hard drive.

7. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

8. Alex

whens it comign out ?

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

March 9th

10. Alex

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

12. socrates42

socrates42 Member

can you upload the graphic novel? It would be awesome to read before the movie

13. heathbar

heathbar Member

looks badass

14. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

+1

15. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

I like how myspace will load 300 pics for you because of the movie!

16. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

I think it is going to be in the imax at the mall of georgia

If so that where I'll be watching it.

17. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Well I have a problem, my gf won't go see the movie because she can't handle seeing blood. So I need some people to go see it. Lets make a movie G2G for this.

18. Deke

Deke Active Member

I'd probably be down for it. I don't get a chance to see many movies in theaters when I'm at school and I definitely miss it. So If I'm in town, I would most likely go.

19. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I'll damn sure be down for a g2g to watch this (especially if it's at Imax)

20. Rembrandt

Rembrandt New Member

This movie looks amazing. I can't wait for it. Definetely gonna have to see it on the Imax

21. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

EDIT: I'd definitely be down to go to a G2G to see this movie. Hope I don't have to work that night...damn Circuit City

Frank Miller is a genious! Hopefully people will not analyze the historical side of it too much.
    The REAL story is awesome, but reality can always use a little hand from creativity, no matter how good the story.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  22. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Getting great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes...if its a Imax at Mall of Georgia, I am down for a G2G...

23. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Here is a link to the page that has the torrent for the comic book.
    http://torrentspy.com/torrent/919981/Frank_Miller_s_300_comic_book

I'm contemplating if i wanna call in sick to watch a midnight showing of this movie.
    There will be a midnight showing (11:59pm on march 8th) at the Mall of Georgia on IMAX and one at Atlantic Station.

24. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

they already have a video game out for this movie. you know that its a quality game :ugh:

25. jayj713

jayj713 Member

This looks amazing, and it already has an 8.6 on imdb :)

It came out at "Austin Butt-Numb-A-Thon" and the "Berlin International Film Festival"

9 more days :)

26. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

This movie looks awesome. I hope there is a decent quality version online next week.

27. jayj713

jayj713 Member

lol im definately paying to see this. I loved the music in the trailer and i hope that all of the music and SFX will be amazing in the movie. So yea, i want movie theater quality sound =D

28. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, i too am super anxious for this one. I am a history major, so anything remotely seated in historical fact will usually draw a glance from me. but i will be in Panama City with some friends that weekend, so i would probly be out for a G2G for it. bu i'll definitely be sure to drag them along to a theater in the P.C. area!

29. at least i dont feel bad now knowing that i wont be the only one going to the midnight showing! movie looks great!

30. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

The previews look awesome.. the only thing I have an issue is is they chose to add mythical creatures into the mix. As someone stated earlier, its a great story on its own... Also, it appears everyone in those days were professional bodybuilders...

31. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

^^lol i just got back from the 11:59 showing of this at the mall of ga. it was BAD ACE the cinemetography was awesome. you can really see similarities with sin city. it was only two hours though not nearly long enough. if it was four i would have been very happy. this movie is going to do freakin amazing. IMAX tickets were sold out for tonight but i'm going back again to see it in IMAX asap. very good movie.

32. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

The actors worked out for 6 weeks straight before filming.

and omg this movie was amazing. Nothing like a few guys killing a bunch of guys. Including lots of blood and some boobies. definitely gonna go watch it again.

33. Only a few, most of the cast and stunt crew were in the gym for four months........ Gym Jones

And yes, excellent movie :bigthumb:

34. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

awesome, but they did play the 'freedom' angle a little too much

35. Deke

Deke Active Member

Just got back from it. I enjoyed it very much so. Thought it was visually beautiful and had great action. I could have gone for less of the "creatures" in it, but despite that, it was still a great flick.

36. jayj713

jayj713 Member

I thought it was good; the action scenes were amazing. But straight up action movies arent really my thing. I like those mess with your head movies like The Illusionist, The usual suspects and such.

37. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Well, if anyone is interested the History Channel is airing one last showing of "Last Stand of the 300" today at 5:00PM.

It's a well done historical documentary covering the events surrounding the battle of Thermopylae.

38. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

Movie was sick im greek so i feel kinda weird inside.

39. xpsi

xpsi Member

Awesome movie.

40. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I enjoyed it quite a bit...although i felt that the character of xerxes sucked

41. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

Hoplites do it better. ;p

42. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha I had no idea that he was played by an actor I had seen before until looking it up on IMDB. Rodrigo Santoro, he's in Lost, Love Actually, and one of the Charlie's Angels movies. I did not recognize him it all in the movie.

43. xpsi

xpsi Member

He's brazilian. But that wasnt his voice. Nways the movie was cool :D

44. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

I enjoyed the movie. The fight scenes were well done and the action was awesome. I liked the creative license taken with all the mutants, etc. While not one I would probably buy, it was worth seeing. We originally went to see Ghost Rider, but the showing we went for had subtitles for the hearing impaired, so we decided to go see 300. I was not disappointed.

45. movie was BADASS! thats all im gonna say,

46. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

I just saw it tonight on IMAX. It's an awesome movie, definately go and see it on imax if you haven't seen it allready.

47. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

saw it two times this weekend, i thought it was damn good, i really want to see it on imax.

48. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

This is one of the best movies I have seen. I give it 4 stars on imax

49. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I thought the movie was OK, nothing great. It needed more character development. Smokin Aces was 10 times better.

50. 7wolf

7wolf Member

i saw it sun at imax and really enjoyed it. would see it again.