$40k civic from Honda

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Brian, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

Only 300! and they'll probably still manage to sell out. :rofl:

Link->Civic Type RR

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  2. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

:nuts:

3. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

looks cool and would probably be tempting to me if it were 1/2 the price.

4. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

is that the mugen civic? it's supposed to be pretty bad ass... the JDM version that is.

edit: OMFG... lol, what the fuck happened to my avatar?

5. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

:rofl: :rofl: That was random!

6. Trey

Trey Active Member

If I had the cash and lived in japan, I'd buy it.

7. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

hahaha.... :rofl:

8. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Type RR?
    Are you kidding me?

But sweet dual exhaust.
    :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

<--- recovering honda owner.

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I would be impressed if it said 300hp but as it stands Nah! whats sad is only bolt ons can make the same power out of a si and cheaper too. it is nice lookin though.

10. WJM

WJM Banned

Weak.

11. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

yeah i think it looks pretty cool but not suite sure if the 300 cars built justifies the pricetag...I'm sure they'll sell all of them though. maybe they'll make the motor available for purchase.

12. Trey

Trey Active Member

Honda Civic Type RR like the motorcycle, Honda 600RR.....

13. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

no, Honda Civic type RR for Civic Type Really Retarded. Who would spend $40k on a civic only making 240 HP? The new Wrx's almost make that and are AWD and half the price. Even STI's are cheaper.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:rofl::rofl:

15. heathbar

heathbar Member

There are so many cars that are better/faster/nicer for that kind of money.

16. Trey

Trey Active Member

You obviously don't get it because you are too yung. ;)

I'd buy t if I lived in Japan and there are at least 299 other people that will as well. All 300 cars are spoken for already.

17. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

40k?bwhahaha! yeah right...no thank you.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  18. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

;) There are just way to many other ways I would rather spend my money.

19. So we know there are at least 300 idiots in this world...

20. Trey

Trey Active Member

That's a pretty bold statement and a matter of your opinion. Not everyone thinks as you do so think about your crass statements the next time you open your mouth. ;)

I'm sure there are pleanty of people that feel the same about the decision you made with your wagon.

Everyone has an asshole, er I mean opinion.....

21. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Forgive me for not being Old. Although old people are probably the ones who are gonna buy this thing cause what kid is gonna have 40,000 to spend on a car? I'm not knocking u for wanting to buy it if you lived in japan... but if u live in japan they have the real Type R that is still better. and for the price tag you could get other cars like a Skyline for that. Civics are good cars but unless this one can transform, I don't think it's worth the 40k. And of course the 300 will sell out because some people enjoy having something that everyone else can't so they'd rather spend 40k on a Civic than 40k on say a G35 which are starting to become a dime a dozen nowadays too.

Just curious...Why would you buy one if you lived in Japan, but not here?

22. So we know thereare at least 300 idiots in this world...
    No, NOW its a PRETTY BOLD statement.

Last time I checked, this is an internet forum where we can express our opinions. And yeah, I thought about it, and paying 40 grand for a Honda is pretty idiotic.

Or what tough guy, youll beat me up? lol

Havent found too many, but im sure if there were theyd probably own 40k dollar Hondas, or have dumped that much into one. :)

Dur hur, funny! Never heard that one before!

23. Its pointless to argue man. If someone wants to spend 40k on that car, its their money, not ours to decide. But we can all point and laugh for free, cant we? :cool:

24. Now I will retract all my previous statements if it comes with two asian concubines.

25. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

lol true

26. Trey

Trey Active Member

Why wouldn't I buy it here in the states....it's not available. The Mugen Civic is and for $30k you get a fancy body kit but no power improvements. No thanks. I'd take the real Civic R and or the Civic RR if they were available here as I have the money and can afford it. But it's not so all this is moot.

Expensive is a relative term. ;)

Paying $125k for a Porsche is excessive to me but I won't bash anyone who chooses to buy one. Paying a crap ton of money for a camera and all the gear is excessive to me again, but to each their own. I can think of countless other ways to spend my money.

Just remember you do have your opinion but calling others idiots because they don't agree with you is wrong.

27. Of course not, its a Porsche, not a Honda.

That argument is weak. Honda makes cheap econo box's for the masses. If you want to compare camera equipment, then thats like saying Id pay 15 grand for a Konica Minolta DSLR, when I can buy a Hasselblad. My analogy being the 10 Grand Konica = 40k dollar Honda.

Not at all, but looking up idiot in the dictionary I make the following deductions...

id·i·ot /ˈɪdiət/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[id-ee-uht] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. an utterly foolish or senseless person.

Yeah, Id say 40 grand for a Civic is pretty foolish and senseless when comparing what you can get for the money. So what if there's only 300 being made, theres probably a reason for that. :)

Not trying to be a jerk, because I could care less about this whole thing. ;)

28. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

;):hsugh:...

29. Trey

Trey Active Member

It's obvious you don't like a Honda but it should be expected from a biased WRX board. I loved mine and miss her dearly.

So if I understand you correctly, you are calling a Honda or Integra Type-R or RR cheap just because Honda makes it? :rofl:

Cheap could also be used to describe a base model [ insert car make]. I drove a base model Forester, it was a POS IMO. Same thing with the rental Mazda 3 I'm driving, now the Mazdaspeed 3 is not the same. A wrx compared to an STi is not the same, so a Civic CX vs a Type R is not the same.

The build quality and parts associated with them are night and day.

30. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I said the exact same thing as Nemesis when they made the ESX STi. Too many uninformed people, with too much bloody money. Same for this Civic, though it looks nice. I just can't see how anyone can justify a $40K Civic, when they could buy an SI for $25K put $7K into it and have a car that is better and faster.

31. Brian

Brian Active Member

^^^ What he said.

32. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I don't see any real value in it.

It costs more than an STI or EVO, 350Z or S2000 and offers less potential.

Well good thing they're only selling 300.

33. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I wouldn't mind the Type-RR. I always wanted a genuine ITR.

34. Trey

Trey Active Member

Are you saying I'm uninformed? You have no idea who I am or what I know/ don't know. :squint: Again, your "expensive" is chump change to others, it's all a matter of opinion. The $125k Porsche GT3 is excessive to me but I won't go hatin' on anyone who buys one just because it's above the price I'd pay for a car.

It's plainly obvious the ESX STi was an ugly, overpriced STi from a "tuner". The Type R and RR are masterpieces made from Honda with a warranty to boot. You guys are elitist haters IMO and have seen way too many fast and furious movies. The word Honda Civic taints your vocabulary...sad. Honda has always dominated motorsports, in two wheel or four wheel fashion and the Type-R has and always will be their showpiece, be it in the NSX, Integra, Civic or Accord flavor. The Type-RR is ever more special and rare....sweet. Kudos to the 300 happy owners no matter what the haters say.

The same can be said for the regular STi vs the RA and Spec-C. Little bit lighter, little more power for more money. They are not made for everyone, just the people that appreciate them for what they are and represent.

lol, BrianGT gets it..oh wait, he too owns/ owned a track tuned Honda. :bigthumb:

35. You make it out like somebody that considers my "expensive" , chump change, would even consider buying a Civic. Sorry, not an elitist, but thats just how it is. How many "rich guys" do you see rolling around in your latest Type R. Not too many, unless Im living under a rock these days.

You keep missing what Im telling you. Someone that pays 125K for a Porsche gets, 125K WORTH of car. Anyone that goes "hating" on that , is an idiot.

No, we just want the most out of our money.

HA Sorry but the movies have done very little to taint my vocab. I just go down to Gwinnett and take a look around, I hate throwing statistics but im sure 80 percent of Honda drivers rice the hell out of their cars and think they drive Ferraris. Hell screw Gwinnett, go down almost any road in Atlanta and youll run into a kid driving a Civic with a loud horribly sounding exhaust with flames on the side.

Nobody ever challenged Hondas accomplishments. Did you hear someone in here do so?

But Im sure he didnt spend 40k on it.

36. Trey

Trey Active Member

You must be living under a rock, the R stop being sold in the US back in 2001 so no one is driving the latest Type-R around these days. And there must be 300 "rich" people out there who already snapped up the RR plus BrianGT said he would too (above) so yeah, you missed all that I guess. :D

Also, 80% of Honda owners leave them stock. Ricers come in all makes and models....pleanty of them on NASIOC and a few on this forum as well.

Just so I'm clear, your opinion is that $45k more for a tuned engine, some cool seats and snazzy suspension is okay on a Porsche but $15k more for a tuned engine, some cool seats and a snazzy suspension on a Honda is idiotic just because HONDA makes it? That is funny to me and yes that makes you elitest because you hate Civics just because Honda makes it and some ricer revved at you at a stop light.

Money is relative and if someone can afford and want the RR, kudos to them. Just because, a) you can't afford it or b) you choose to spend your money differently, doesn't make you any better or worse.

So when you were driving, you didn't see the caviler with flames and a crappy fart can exhaust or the mustang with JDM stickers all over it? How about that Nissan 240 drifter that is literally falling apart or the VW Jetta with a JDM exhaust? I guess you didn't see all that through those honda hater shades you wear. :rofl:

I've made my points, I'm headed to the beach. :D

37. Trey

Trey Active Member

Ok, one more post...but with pics. :)

Add in the Mugen factor and that drives the price up $10,000 USD alone. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

38. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Calm down, this is a discussion, nothing was directed at you specifically.If you have $40K and want to buy this car, all the power to you. Get your car, and take me for a ride, I won't mock you or talk shit. Hondas are great cars. My previous cars were hondas, and I loved them. But again, paying $40K for a Civic.

Yes, the same can be said about the different STis, Evos, and any other car that has special editions, which pretty much all have.

Correct, because at $40K not everyone can afford it.

or the people that buy because it is a limited edition, for a status symbol, because they have too much bloody money.

I have no doubt that car will be a great car, decent on the track and fun on the street, with better gas mileage than most if not all the cars it competes against, but unless you plan on dedicating that car to the track, which is a completely different story, I don't see it worth the $40K.

The people that are really going to end up buying this car are the middle aged soccer dads, going thru their midlife crisis, that can't quite afford that sweet new red corvette, and have seen way to many fast and furious movies.

39. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You do understand status symbol right? Porsche = Status, Ferrari = Status, Honda, sorry, no status.

You don't see Cribs on MTV, and see anyone with a Honda Civic in their garage. For that matter, you don't see any Hondas, maybe an occasional NSX, but rarely. You do see lots of Porsches, Ferraris, ect... No Subarus, unless they show Travis Pastranas garage, but Subarus are not a status symbol either.

40. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Damn that thing is sexy! They just need to release a regular Type-R here for around $30k, instead of that Mugen Si thing... I like the JDM headlights :)
    http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVICTYPE-R/

Japanese commercials:
    http://www.honda.co.jp/HDTV/message/civic-type-r-message-60/index.html
    http://www.honda.co.jp/HDTV/message/civic-type-r-message-30/

On a side note, I do really like the look of that new Nizmo 350Z

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  41. Brian

Brian Active Member

yeah I like this pics above too, but $29k tops

42. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

I rather have an STI:naughty:

43. FACE

FACE Active Member

^^^thats right baby... with pink wheels!

44. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

:keke: Ahhh it would be CUTE!

45. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Agreed. It is the nicest Civic available. But 40k isn't worth it.

46. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

Dress it up any way you like, it's still a CIVIC

47. haha

48. heathbar

heathbar Member

I'm not getting the feeling that anyone here dislikes Hondas (Although we love Subarus). I used to have a Civic too and loved it... Honda makes great cars and I wouldn't think twice about buying another one.

But, the issue isn't their quality or even the absolute cost of the surely fun-to-drive car... The issue is the value relative to other cars in this price range, IT DOESN'T COMPARE. No matter what the category (comfort, performance, style, features, or society status) there are better cars for 40k to be had. Maybe for exclusivity sake, but I would debate that this does not even apply because it's not an entirely exclusive car, just a barely distinguishable exclusive trim level. I really hate to say it (because I like Civics and Hondas in general) but as far as exclusivity goes I only consider this slightly better than one of those limited production Scions.

As far as the Porshe debate goes, your arguement is based on absolute cost. If you want to form an arguement that is analogous to the civic arguement, you should argue how a GT3 cannot compare to anything else in it's price segment (which isn't true).

:) Is it friday yet?

49. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Is it just me or does the back look like a riced out Accord you see daily on Jimmy Carter?
    I think overall the car looks decent. I also think it is silly for a super high volume car producer like Honda to make an exclusive limited production version of ONE OF THEIR MOST POPULAR CARS! Fucking add a limited edition badge and be done with it. Lets not even go to the fact that having a "sporty" car named a "Civic" just seems ass backwards.

I mean don't get me wrong. Honda makes a good econobox. The S2k is pretty bitching too. There also seem to be a large number of people that owned Hondas and loved them. Let me voice my opinion the opposite. I won't look at another Honda unless I lose my job or my testicles. My last car was an Integra GSR and it was fun how to learn stick on. But Hondas are closer to go-carts than cars in my mind. They are fun and zippy, but they are not substantial and too bland for me.

And 40k for a FWD car? noooooo thanks.

Sorry, rant over.

50. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

here, this will fire a few people. i'd rather drive that "civic" than a stinkin' BMW any day. i don't see why people want to throw their chump change at a car that needs to be maintained so particularly every few months. to each their own.
    what matters is that you don't lose on the track to a car you hate. that's called eating crow... and it sucks. i loose to a yellow Type-R every time i auto-x. pound for pound, the honda is a better race car. their i said it.