5/20: Year One Braselton Bash car show

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by bigb996, Mar 23, 2006.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

Hey guys i recently caught the year one braselton bash at the year one headquarters in braselton Georgia. While scouting through to check out the large amount of cars i noticed no subarus! The infiniti club was there to represent however. So i thought to myself why not wrxatlanta represent!? Well year one has these shows every month. The next one is May 20, 2006* from 3-9 p.m.
    I plan to enter to represent for the club! who else would like to join?

Braselton Bash Info

What:

A family-oriented Car and Truck event brought to you by your friends at Year One. This event, benefiting a local charity, will be held on the grounds at Year One.
    Where:

Braselton TechCenter
    1001 Cherry Dr.
    Braselton, GA. 30517
    1-800-950-9503
    Click here for directions
    Click here for a map
    NOTE:

In case of rain, please call the information line before you leave for the show.
    1-800-950-9503, ext. 345
    Car Show Info:

* All makes and models welcome.
    * $10.00 entry fee per vehicle to show.
    * Proceeds will be donated to the Dez White Charity.
    * Participants vote top 25 cars with awards presented.
    * Prize drawings!
    * Activities for the whole family!
    * BFGoodrich Burn Out Show
    * Special autographed NFL memorabilia

Schedule of Events:

* 3:00-4:00 p.m. Special Car Club Show Parking
    * 4:00 p.m. Registration Opens
    * 4:00 p.m. Show Begins
    * 6:00 p.m. Registration Closes
    * 6:30 p.m. All Ballots Must Be In
    * 7:00 p.m. Awards Presentation
    * 7:30 p.m. Burn-Outs Exhibition
    * 8:30 p.m. Tech Inspection at Atlanta Dragway Opens
    * 9:00 p.m. Test & Tune at Atlanta Dragway

*Special Test and Tune Session at
    Atlanta Dragway following show.

Race Info:

* Registered Braselton Bash participants will have exclusive use of the track between 9 p.m. and midnight. All vehicles must pass Atlanta Dragway Tech Inspection before racing.
    * Tickets may be purchased at the Braselton Bash registration table.
    * $15.00 Race Ticket admits one driver and vehicle. Space for racers is limited. Only 200 Test and Tune Race Tickets will be sold for this event on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets will only be sold at the Braselton Bash on the day of the event from 5 to 8:30 p.m. No tickets will be available at the track.
    * $5.00 spectator tickets admits one person. Children 12 and under admited free with a paying adult. All tickets must be purchased at the Braselton Bash on the day of the event from 5 to 8:30 p.m. No tickets will available at the track.

2. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

sounds intresting I may be able to it.

3. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

best thing is can hit the track afterwards and race till midnight

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am interested. I will come represent with you.

5. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

nice may 20th is a long way off but well see. it only 2 days off from my 30th so i may be out of town.

6. I'll have to ask Aspen05 if he can hook us up with some kind of discount or something...he works there.

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Im always down for WRXatlanta showing up to impress :)

8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea its only 10 bucks to enter and it goes to charity so i thought we could come on strong like we did at Seloc last summer.

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

unfortunately i'll be gone all summer... u guys represent strong :bigthumb:

10. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I think that I would be up for this...

Mark

11. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Might be down for this.....hopefully will have some new bling by then...

12. Well then I guess we wouldnt need a "discount" then since its for charity. When do you have to sign up by???

13. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

you dont, you just go and pay when you get there....why its a prolly a good idea to get there by when it opens for contestants.

14. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

since there seems to be some good intrest im gonna sticky this. this is gonna be a summer of car shows. 2 in early april now this one in may. then seloc. people are really gonna know who we are after this summer!

15. Yes...our quest for world domination is underway...ha ha ha

16. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

freakin rigth haha!

17. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

damnit...i get back on the 23rd of May. however, maria will be back so i'll try and talk her into going and help represent the club!

*edit...Maria is up for the show, so count our STi in.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  18. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

sounds good shane tell her to come on out!

19. 04CoorsCan

04CoorsCan Member

Man....May 20!!! GRRRRRRRRR...well won't be going to that one. Got my 1st wedding anniversary on the 21st so I am sure I will be outta town.

*thinks to self* "yeah outta town in Braselton!!!" *now sinks back to reality*

20. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I will most likely come. And for sure my clutch will be fixed by then so I'll take my car to the track!

I only ran it once at Commerce. Was a little nervous, and over reved and released the clutch too fast, so I ended up spinning the tires for almost a second on the launch (crap track). I managed to get a 14.6 though.

21. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

im not sure that iw ill make this as work is really screwing me over. Im bout to switch jobs luckily. I will try to atleast come out though. As for the track 14.6 is good stock man. Im gonna have to go up thre and try again i know i can break 13s.

22. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I wish that I could make this, but I'll be out of town again.

Mark