$6 million dollar home theater setup....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calmnothing, Feb 8, 2008.

1. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

2. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

-A&W Root Beer Commercial-
    What a dumbass.

3. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

A lot like this, no?

[​IMG]

4. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

5. Demo24

Demo24 Member

no way in hell would I spend that much on an entertainment center, and I would have integrated all the speakers better.

6. WJM

WJM Banned

thats excessive.

more so than trying to fill a 1 gallon bucket with all the water in the oceans.

7. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

he should have just built the batcave

8. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

So stupid! With that much money, he could have made it look a lot less cluttered.

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Thats my main gripe with it. Sure he's got a great sounding theater but it looks like hell with the exception of the badass screen.

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:werd:

11. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

can you say overkill?

12. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

thats retarded!!

13. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

play that thx sound with that setup... lol

14. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Well guys, here's another way to look at it though. Instead of putting his money in a bank, he put it back into the economy. So lets just thank him for helping out in this recession we're having.

15. Trey

Trey Active Member

He's probably worth 100 million so a mere 6 million is a drop in the bucket.

I personally think it's a thing of beauty....all those mac amps circling around the seating position is pure sex.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Now all of you go back and jam out to your "hifi" Kenwood stereos. lol

Also, you guys are aware that his TV has the resolution of four 1080P televisions combined AKA 4K. His upscaler takes regular 1080p and scales it to match the resolution on the TV.

He's years ahead of everyone else.....including the Japanese.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  16. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

This guy is an engineer.

If you've never seen an engineer's home lab, it tends to look like these kind of things. -_-

My friend is part of these anime conventions I help direct, and he designs multi thousand dollar speakers. In his living room/den on the floor are partially finished cabinets and drivers with big rolls of copper and greenboards on the floor where he tests new crossover designs from scratch.

Its really no different from a really fancy garage with a lift, the way I see it.

edit: I just looked at some of the comments left on the website with the article. Can you believe how many of these guys want to shame him for 'wasting' his money when he 'should have' spent it on chairty, or on his fellow man? -_-;;

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  17. Trey

Trey Active Member

He's actually marketing his room as a standard...like THX did 20 years ago. Only the elite of the elite will buy it.

18. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

whatever floats your boat...but like Strayer said... He's putting money back into the economy.... I'm sure there are a few degrees of separation to the money he spent to all of us... Never know! Thats where wheresgeorge.com would come into play..lol...6 million Georges of course..