6gun Balljoint Adaptor Kits

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by calmnothing, Aug 1, 2007.

1. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=182

Those are pix of them installed.

The installation of the kit itself was not hard at all. Writeups can be found on Nasioc and IWSTI.

Upon installation and alignment of the car, there was a major increase in front grip. This decreased the amount of understeer in the car without making it oversteer. I could go deeper into a turn before experiencing understeer. This did as much for the car as an anti-lift kit or coilovers did. This is an awesome mod.

Mod List:
    OBX Front LSD
    Megan Racing Coilovers
    Whiteline 24mm FSB
    Perrin 26mm RSB
    Custom Front Tower Bar
    Whiteline Offset Bushings
    STI v8 aluminum control arms
    Various Bushings around the car
    Misc braces for the GC body

Alignment Specs:
    Front: -2.9 camber Rear -1.5 camber
    0 Toe
    5.1 degress of caster.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

how much do these go for?

3. calmnothing

4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Javid and Tom Hoppe I believe

5. calmnothing

6. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Nice, did you have an opinion as to what advantage this kit has over the Whiteline kit? I know the ball joint and tie rod end is a Whiteline propriety product

7. calmnothing

Essentially the 6gun kit is a 40mm drop in the control arms and tierods. The Whiteline is only a 10mm. The 6gun kit is going to put you in a better camber no matter your ride height compared to the Whiteline kit. I would suggest the whiteline as a cheaper more daily driving mod, as the 6gun as a more hardcore racing kit. Not to say daily driver's can't use it (mine's a daily), but the whiteline is cheaper. The 6gun is going to be a lot better though. The charts that whiteline and 6gun have posted up suggest the whiteline doesn't do enough for the money. Plus if you think about it, this isn't something you upgrade often. You pay one big price then you're done, so don't skimp.