Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by xjenjenx, Oct 4, 2005.

1. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

so does anyone know what 722 is? well its a service at the north point church on tuesday nights. its pretty awesome. anyways, CHRIS TOMLIN surprised everyone and showed up and lead the closing praise. it was awesome!
    just thought i would let everyone know. hehe

2. CROSSeyed

CROSSeyed Member

I heard they have a pretty awesome worship there... what a bonus!

edit:typo

3. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

yea, worship is really great there! everyone is welcome to join me on tuesdays :)

4. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

this is probably a DUMB question but who is Chris Tomlin?

i have heard great things baout that service myself and i hear that hundreds of people go to it. Sometimes thousands.

5. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

not thousands. but i can definitly see hundreds of ppl going. you should check it out you're are welcome to join me next tuesday night if you'd like.. and chris tomlin is one of the most popular christian artists out there. he writes amazing songs.

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I would come, but I burst into flames a few feet after entering a church....J/K seriously though, I have heard a few of his songs and for someone who is not into religion, the music isn't half bad....

P.S. Is this a Catholic Service? My Wife is Catholic and we are looking for a goood church....

7. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

722 is a non demoninational thing but I think NP has roots in Baptist. (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong)

I was raised catholic and went to catholic HS, then I got saved and now there is no going back. PM me if you want more details. I'm not catholic bashing, just sharing my expereince. I encourage everyone to go the church of their choice, because as I stated elsewhere, church is not our relationship with God, only a celebration of it.

8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

im sure iver heard some of chris tomlins music. I dont know a whole lot of christian music songs. I listen to a lot of christian rock 12 stones, pillar, thousand foot krutch etc....just got into it though relaly. I normall work on tuesday night but i will let ya know jen and maybee i can join you one tuesday.:)

9. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

10. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

11. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Lost, those are great. Here's some of my favs...

Third Day
    Switchfoot
    Chris Rice
    Burlap to Cashmere
    Steven Curtis Chapman
    Rich Mullins
    Michael Card
    Michael W. Smith

-drums

12. lostinthewoods

Steven Curtis Chapman can still sing like a machine. Saw him a few months ago also and I was very very impressed. :)

:)

13. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Yea, Steven Curtis Chapman is great! Puts on an awesome show too.

-drums

14. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

BTW, where did you seem him?

-drums

15. lostinthewoods

HiFi Buys Amphitheatre

16. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Jen, tuesday nights aren't usually good for me w/ band practices. I've gone to NP Church before, i liked it but it's a little to big for me. I also liked Perimeter, but still a little big too, but they also had a smaller more contemporary worship service which i liked.

-drums