a good shop for cam install?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by feelthebreak, Mar 13, 2005.

1. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

my next purchase will be some cobb street cams. i don`t want to tear into my brand new motor myself and was wondering if anyone here has a shop or mechanic they could recommend for this install? :)

2. BlueBox

BlueBox Member

Balanced Performance may be the best choice as far as I know. They are a Cobb dealer so if they have any problems they know who to call.

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Balanced

I'm not going to comment personally because I have never used balanced.

However I have heard a lot of horror stories about them.

4. BlueBox

BlueBox Member

I wasn't endorsing them as I have never used them either. I was just offering up the name. My only dealing with them was a tour through the shop. At that time they were assembling a Cobb 2.5 for a yellow WRX. So at least they know what a Subaru is and who Cobb is. That’s all..

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Re: Balanced

ditto. Try SOG...it might be some money but it would probably be put in the best...

6. socrates42

socrates42 Member

I have used balanced before with my altima, they do great work, however i thought they were mostly nissan

7. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Can't Topspeed do this??

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

if I was doing cams I wouldn't want anyone but someone that knows everything about subaru engines and you know would do the job right.

thus "you get what you pay for"

9. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Our Subaru Master Techs have certainly had many a motor apart. Cam install is pretty technical...

If you'd like, I'll find out what it would cost to install them...

Siegel