A-pillar gauge mount for wagons

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by moose, Feb 5, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Quick question... I've been looking at gauge mounting options, and while I really like the a-pillar triple gauge mount it looks like there are some fitment issues with the 04/05 wagons. Anybody know if I can make one work? Have a boost gauge on the way, probably add an EGT gauge and something else as well....

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im selling an autometer 3 gauge pillar pod... if u want u could swing by and see if it fits

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

That would be awesome. What part of town are you in?

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I dont think anybody makes one that is a direct fit for the wagons since we have a slightly different shaped windshield and A pillar.

I'm sure you could do some dremel work and make it fit.

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

As long as it's too big, no problem... my concern was that there would be an unsightly gap somewhere.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i live in buckhead... let me know if and when u plan to swing by

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I'll let you know... won't be able to go anywhere until next weekend as I work 8-5 and do school in the evenings. Thanks. (Still torn between the a-pillar and center mount setups...)

8. ADVNTUR

ADVNTUR New Member

If moose decides to go with a center-mount pod, I may be interested in checking out this a-pillar pod for my wagon. I'll be on the road this week though, so if it's still on the market after next weekend, pls let me know and I'll set up a time with you to drop by.

9. GTscoob

I love my centermount. I'm not a big fan of A-pillar pods but its all just personal preference.

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Which one do you have? I've been looking at the Autometer one, but not sure if it'll work in my 05 -- they say 02/03 on their site. Looks nice though...

11. GTscoob

I've got a hacked up OEM pod to fit 52mm/2 1/16" gauges.

I have an autometer mechanical boost gauge, electrical EGT, and tranny temp which isnt hooked up and will be replaced.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

its been sitting here for a while... i had 2 gauges which i ended up selling before any installation since i got the ecutek data monitor... i ended up making a black plexi-glass cover for the 3rd gauge hole... its on with double sided tape and can be easily taken off... if u have only 2 gauges, then theres no unsightly hole

13. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Milo,

I've decided to spring for the Autometer bezel. Just wanted to let you know... thanks for the offer again.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

no problem... i think john (married04wrx) is interested in mine anyway