Aarons 2001 2.5rs

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by dundunskeert, Aug 25, 2008.

1. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

After months of looking at cars I decided I either wanted a subaru legacy 2.5gt or a 2.5rs. And one day my mom found a 2.5rs on craigslist. So we went and looked at it the next day and decided we wanted it. It had 148,000 and the guy was asking $4,800 for it. I checked Kelly Blue Book and and it said was worth 6,800:eek:. He told us that there was another buyer interested in it that was going to STI swap it and that he told the other buyer he had one more day to come up with the money. So I was anxious:noes: all day at school the next day and didn't tell a soul I looked at it so I wouldn't jinx myself. I finally got home from school and my mom told me the other buyer didn't come through and that we were going to pick it up.:clap: We talked him down to $4,500 and I had myself my first car.
    5/11/08 The day I got it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Modifications.

Exterior:
    Sylvania Ultra stars.
    Hella fog bulbs.
    Yellow Corner bulbs.
    Ebay clear marker lights.
    DIY clear corners.
    DIY Trunk De-badge.( Then a DIY Re-Badge)
    New windsheild.
    Buff and wax the crap out of it.
    New Emblem.

Interior:
    Dual Headunit.
    Head Unit mounting kit.
    I-pod mount
    Alpine Type-S components.
    Alpine Type-S 5.25" rear deck speakers.
    New trunk carpet.
    Extended armrest extension.
    Glovebox weight removal.
    Drivers side lower dash weight removal.

Engine/ Exhaust:
    Injen Cold air Intake.
    Borla Replica headers.
    Stromung High-flow cat.
    Custom 2.25" Mid-pipe with a 18" resonator
    Stromung dual tip axle back.
    TB Coolant bypass.
    Painted engine brackets.

Suspension/handling:
    Toyo Proxies 4 Mounted and balanced with alignment.
    KYB AGX Shocks.
    Prodrive P1 springs.
    New alignment.
    Whiteline adjustable 24mm Rear sway bar.
    20mm 2005 STI front swaybar.
    OEM Heavy Duty Rear Swaybar Brackets.
    Whiteline Standard Rear Endlinks.
    Sparco front strut tower brace.
    Ghetto fab rear crossbrace.

Brakes:
    Used Brembo sport drilled rotors Front and Rear
    Used EBC Red Stuff front brake pads
    Goodridge Braided brake lines.
    Valvoline DOT4 Brake fluid.

My brothers Legacy got totaled and he had a lot of mods on it that we swapped from his car to mine. He didn't have and of his stock pieces so we had a few friends help us rush to swap my stock parts for his aftermarket ones. It is off that car that got my brakes, rear sway bar, and trunk carpet out off.

My brother on his Legacy
    [​IMG]
    My brother getting the rotors off
    [​IMG]
    The sway bar fit but it hung down a bit low and the STi exhaust
    [​IMG]
    Kauffman Tire had the lugs on way way to tight so we found a good cheater bar.
    [​IMG]
    It started pouring, but we were determined. And having a great time!
    [​IMG]
    Back Seat removed and new trunk carpet.
    [​IMG]
    Matt with the new suspension.
    [​IMG]
    Behold... The super extended armrest extension.
    [​IMG]
    We finished swapping the all parts in two days, it took Allstate one month to pick the car up.:bonk: He got rear ended and hit the car in front of him, all three car were insured by Allstate. It took them a month to pick the car up, and he already got a new car but he still haven't received his money.:curse:

Before the legacy got hit, by a 89 year old woman driver.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We took some pictures the other day of my car with my friends STi, and my brothers new car (1999 2.5rs)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

nice write up!

congrats on the car.

for your brother, the 99's are the best year. ;)

3. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Very very nice, my friend! Thats a nice ass car.

4. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Awesome thread. Nice to have more GC bodies running around. What part of town you in?

5. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

I live in Snellville.

6. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

nice find! i recall reading about your brother's cars demise on import atlanta. glad it could donate some parts to the RS :)

blue looks so good on that car!

7. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I read it too, we talked about old women and Legacies.

8. Cory

Cory Member

GCs' FTW

9. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Nice cars love the GC's, getting real hard to find

10. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Oh man, you should totally swap in those wheels of his...

11. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

We considered it but mine are a lot lighter the paint was messed up on his.

12. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Forgot about this.

Here are some pictures of my new RSB
    [​IMG]
    And my Rear diff from Satan!!
    [​IMG]
    And a link to my glove box weight removal.
    http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1442948&posted=1#post1442948

Christmas came and I got some new goodies for my car.
    Alpine Type-S components
    [​IMG]

I re-badged the trunk
    [​IMG]

I figured out a way to secure my new toolbox.
    [​IMG]

And hey adding crossbracing is never a bad thing.
    [​IMG]

Got bored on a foggy night and figured out the manual setting on a powershot and took some long exposures. I didn't have a tripod though so I had to use the ground.
    If I would have had something to light the side of the car they would have been great. Silhouette pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hit my NOS switch.
    [​IMG]

My sparco strut tower brace and misc. painted brackets.
    [​IMG]
    Borla Replica headers.
    [​IMG]
    2005 STI 20mm Front sway bar.
    [​IMG]
    New I-pod mount.( thanks OZ10 ) Crappy picture but you get the idea...
    [​IMG]
    Wire routing
    [​IMG]

Thats all... for now:banana:

13. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Sexy photos...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We put my brothers wheels on for shits and giggles...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We got dirty one day...
    [​IMG]

14. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

love the gold wheels.. you should keep them....
    really clean rs though

15. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Keep it up! I like the RPF-1s!

16. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

nice first car man, i see you got some bikes, hit me up if you want to ride.

17. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Alright I've been itching to go to Bremen for a while now, how does this weekend sound?

18. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Bro I love your car so sexy. :bigthumb: All you need is my wheels. ;)

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Brotherly love...

20. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

If they were a better offset and not universal lug I would already have them, but because of your car I'm looking for some 15" team dynamics.

21. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

sorry i didnt get back to your before the weekend, i was supposed to go get my bike from charlotte last friday but decided to sell it for a new four-stroke. so soon we shall ride, and ride we shall!

22. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

I traded my 2005 yz250f for a 2005 yz250. That thing is fast! I'm going to chill at Ga Southern this weekend but weekend after that I can go.

23. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

^^^dope hopefulley ill have my new bike by then, what did you think of the yz250f i was looking at them, oh and ill be at GSU next semester

24. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

It was a hell of a bike untill it blew up. It cost me over $2000 to rebuild it. I think if your going to get a 4-stroke get a 450f, they last a lot longer and you'll never have to mod it to make it fast. I got a 250 two stroke because my bike was getting boring, it's too easy to clear jumps and it cost too much to maintain. A 2-stroke engine rebuilt costs 1/3 of what a 4-stroke rebuild does. Plus 250 2-strokes are now legal to race against 250f's in amateur classes.
    Your going to GSU? You'll probably become friends with my brother, he started car meets and has a really nice scene going on with like 4 supras. He's the only subie at the meets.

25. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

yeah i have been a 2-stroke head since i was like 8, i have a 125 mod that i can rebuild for like 200 bucks. im still considering a 450f but thats a lot of bike. id also like to make a 250 just retarded fast and still ave it be light, i dont know i guess i need to go ride some. is your brother on the boards?

26. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Don't get a 250f and try to make it fast, it's way too much money, not close to as reliable as a 450f, and it will still be slower than a 450f. Get a 450 and make it lighter. 250fs are really high strung, when your bike revs to 13,500rpm when something goes bad the shit hits the fan. My yz250f ran like a champ for over 3 years of racing, started first kick and the valve were always in perfect spec. Then one day it dropped a valve on the face of a jump and over $2300 in repairs followed.
    [​IMG]
    This what $2000 of destroyed engine looks like.
    [​IMG]

27. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

damn thats a freakin mess! i snapped a chain (i know weird) on he face of a jump and that really sucked. I dont know im kinda out of the whole racing scene, just kinda ride for fun so i dont know how much abuse i would put on the bike. i think im just looking for something fun and easy not so intimidating as a 450, tho i guess id just need to get comfortable on it. it also comes down to what i can afford

28. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Have you considered getting a 125? There a lot of fun and really teach you to be a better rider. Best part is they cost next to nothing to maintain. The main reason I traded my bike is because it was boring. No jumps were challenging to me anymore, I could wait till the very last second and slip the clutch and clear the jump. Again 125's aren't superfast but they are a ton of fun. If you do get a 250f get a newer one and sell it for a bike newer than that every couple of years. That way you shouldn't have to pay for a rebuild and always have a semi new bike.

29. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

^^^the bike i am selling right now is a 125 mod, ive made it pretty damn fast, but when i kinda raced i had the suspention jetted for a 170lb rider, what i used to way before i discovered beer. so now its just not all there cause i weigh more. i just love the torque on the 4 strokes and the cleaner power band. but good idea upgrading every couple of years. if you know anyone that wants a 125 mod let me know.

30. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Oh well than a 450f should be perfest for you. My yz250 just blew up!! I traded my 250f for it 2 days ago so I'm gonna make the guy trade me back. That fucker said it had a new topend!!!
    This is how I could just kill man.

31. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

shit thats beat up dude, if he wont trade you back i can help you with a topend build. keep me posted on what happens.

32. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

He won't trade me back.He really doesn't know much about bikes and the guy told him that it had a fresh topend( which was a lie as evedent by the blowby on the piston). I traded a fucking perfect 250f for this destroyed piece of shit. I took some pics. At the least it will need a new cylinder, piston connecting rod, wristpin bearings, crank bearings and full engine gasket kit. I'm looking at upwards of $700 to fix this if I do all the work myself and well over $1000 if I pay someone. I to go back in time and beat this shit of myself for even considering trading my perfect 250f.:wtc:\
    I am so pissed of in disbelief that I'm just numb.

What I traded:
    [​IMG]

For:
    [​IMG]

After 2 days I started it to let it warm up and this happened.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

33. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

dude all i can say WHY!!!!???? the thumper is sooooooooo sexy!!! i love me some 2strokes espically 250s but that 250f is amazing looking!! haha if i was him i wouldnt trade you back either. sorry thats not that funny. oh wait i jsut saw that this happened when you were warming it up not under load or riding or anything>

34. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

The yz 250 will look better when I'm done with it.

35. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Here are a few things I've done to my car over the last couple of days.

JDM OBX type-r dead pedal from a miata... haha but it does what I wanted it to and holds my carpet down. Yes I know I'm missing a pedal...
    [​IMG]

A switch I wired up to turn my ABS on and off.
    [​IMG]

I wired my foglights to stay on when my highbeams come on. Man my lights are really bright now.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

I also extended the wiring for the ashtray light and moved the bulb to my glovebox so now I have a glovebox light.

[​IMG]

I also gutted my stock cats I had in the shed and found a possible new exhaust setup... lol
    [​IMG]

36. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

that for some reason looks like one of your bike mufflers lol... i have heard an s2000 with streetbike exhaust but that could be interesting on your car...lol

37. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

It is. I smashed that TI exhaust in a crash and figured half of it was still good so I cut it in half and made a shorty, still haven't found a use for it though.

38. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

I got bored and gutted my trunk then started removing sound deadening.
    [​IMG]

I was having fun and decided to do it all.
    [​IMG]

I wired in a switch to give me 50/50 front to rear power ratio.( Automatics are 90% front 10% rear power ratio stock.)
    [​IMG]

In the process of painting my wheels.
    [​IMG]

Put my brother stock wheels on and those 205 55's make my car look really low.
    [​IMG]

Got some 215 14 16 Falken Azenis rt-615 to put on.
    [​IMG]

Wheels should be finished later this week. I have some other things in the works.

39. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I require more photos with obnoxious sunglasses in OP :)

40. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Haha that's my brother. I'll sell them to you.
    [​IMG]

41. Oz10

Oz10 Member

^^^
    LOL

I didn't even know this thread existed.

42. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Painted my wheels!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got some wrx wheels from Sunny that I'm going to use as track wheels.
    [​IMG]

I have some snow pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Parking lot fun.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  43. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

hmm you wouldnt be the guy ricing around with that old z on p-hill saturday night yelling out the window "it sounds loud but aint going nowhere" would you? :D

44. Oz10

Oz10 Member

The painted wheels look even better in person. Nice job!