AC working intermittently?

Discussion in 'General Community' started by monk, May 1, 2009.

1. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

so i just got my car back from artcraft (writeup to come soon) and i turn my ac on during the drive home, the car bucks and pitches everytime the ac clutch engages (which was frequently) and after a while the compressor made no noise and started blowing hot air.

so i turn it off, then on. hot

then again several minutes later: cool, compressor noise a plenty and blows cold for a while. but i hear and feel the wheel spin then stop, spin, then stop again, with the air temp varying.

the ac was replaced from the accident, but i noticed this before the accident happened and didn't get a chance to bring the car in (the car was wrecked less than 2mos after i bought it). the windows would fog, then clear, etc. same jerky throttle/ac clutch problem.

i'm gonna bring it to a dealer, but i wanted to know if anyone had any ideas.

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I am having the same problem with an altima. Any clues?

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

King at Subaru of Kennesaw :wiggle:

4. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

sounds like the a/c system may be over or under charged.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Yeah either that or perhaps the belt is bit loose.

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion, it was over charged!

7. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

My car was doing this. As it turns out my tensioner pully had come loose and everytime the AC autoclutch came on the pully twisted into the timing belt cover. It actually wore a hole in the cover. I loctited the bolt and the problem is gone.