accident averted, sorta

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jake, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Jake

Jake Active Member

So I was on my way to the home depot off of shallowford around 1130 today when a Mercedes two cars in front of me suddenly remembered that they needed to make a left hand turn. The car in front of me proceeded to slam on brakes so I did as well, and thanks to the wonderful job that sog did on my new brakes I stopped on a dime without the abs even thinking of engaging. Well my natural reaction in this situation is to look behind me to make sure the car behind didn't hit me. The blazer behind me bucked pretty hard but managed to stop a good car length behind me. Ahh, crisis averted, I thought to myself. So the car in front of me starts to go again, no sooner do I put it in first do I hear rustling beside me and look up to see a jeep wrangler speeding down the shoulder and flip into the ditch. I looked in my mirror to see a lexus behind the blazer all smashed up. Apparently the lexus slammed into the back of the blazer and the jeep swerved to avoid the accident careening into the woods. Anyways just thought I would share this crazy incident. And thank god for good brakes!

2. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yep :bigthumb:

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yikes...did you stick around for the accident report?

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

Nah two other cars going the opposite direction had already stopped. Not to mention the driver of the blazer was already getting out.

5. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Clearly Subaru brakes are so good that they cause accidents... You shouldn't use brakes that good. It's not fair to others behind you, and it's obvious that this product should be taken off the shelf.

Yes, I'm joking. I'd bet the Jeep driver was 16-18... anybody dare to agree?

6. cannarella

cannarella Member

I would agree. Over correction.

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Glad you didn't get tagged.

8. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i bet the idiot in the Mercedes was a female and on her cell phone

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

yes, actualyl the driver of the mercedes was a female on her cell phone. as far as the driver of the jeep, he looked to be a younger guy couldn't really tell tho, as he was flipping away from me.