adventures in el paso texas with my 02 bug eye wagon

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by osborne519, Jun 15, 2008.

1. osborne519

osborne519 Member

adventures in elpaso tx...as some of u know im moving to elpaso texas and ill be leaveing this thursday.tho i wont be gone forever i will be gone a while so i figured a member journal would be the way to go to keep people posted on my progress since ill be making lot more money and probably buying a sti donor carand then swaping my wrx stuff into something anyway ill be living in a desert i can see mexico form my front yard so this should be interesting

anyways i have to go finish hauling some junk out of the house so ill keep everybody posted with pics and such in within the next 2 weeks

2. osborne519

osborne519 Member

so im still in georgia to to a bad turbo and a bent strut(ty to my father) plus every time i start to pack and leave my father calls and says ill ill give u money for ur car if u pain the house pull all the carpet finish sheet rock in basement ETC ETC.. pick soon if flash flood in elpaso and water coming over the hood of my tacoma lol

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Gimme a couple days and I'll find some vids of sick street racing in El Paso. Shouldnt really call it street racing though since its legal down there. They shut down a runway on the local airport and let kids drag race down it on weekend nights, no timing lights, just a girl waving her hands, but typical head to head racing albeit with a legal raceway to do so.

Have fun when you're down there, I know my car went through its paces on the El Paso runways so good luck bro.

4. osborne519

osborne519 Member

i will if my car would stop dieing on me

5. osborne519

osborne519 Member

ok so i got the car running right and left for texas.. and i got about 2 hours from dallas and well i got in a fight with a truck tire..and lost... it hit the front then walked down the drivers side and under the car..it messed up the bumper, busted the drivers headlight, almost removed the fender, dented both the doors, the rear quarter panel,and now it wont run correctly so its at the dealer ship here and insurance is gonna cover it and it wont let me post pics so someone pm me ur email and ill send u the pics to post

6. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Holy crap! Sorry to hear of the turmoil. GL on getting it fixed and running again.

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

what the hell? I HATE TRUCK TIRES!
    same thing happened to my dads cl

8. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

damn gators

9. osborne519

osborne519 Member

well talked to them this morning and theyve place orders for all the parts and i have to replace the headlight but they will subtract it from my deductible so well see ill keep things up dated

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

why do you have to replace the headlight?

11. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

damn, bet you wish you kept your stockers. I took my ebay headlights off if you need to buy one. I'll sell it super cheap

12. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Here's the link for the drag racing down there. I'm not sure if they still do this since the video was from late 03.

Here's a funny pic he took on his way out there, back when the car was a total sleeper.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  13. osborne519

osborne519 Member

yeah theres a track here

14. osborne519

osborne519 Member

i have my stockers but well my friends ex thought u could clean a headlight with carb cleaner so the right one is screwed and my insurance is trying to screw me out of repairing the back bumper because the paint was chipped on the top even tho u can see where the tire damaged it .....but im not giving up

15. Cory

Cory Member

Man that sucks, you have such terrible luck with that car. Hope every thing works out good.

16. osborne519

osborne519 Member

agreed