Advice: Buying from Classic Subaru

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by ThaABomb, May 22, 2010.

1. ThaABomb

ThaABomb Member

Hey guys, I found a 2006 WRB STI at Classic Subaru in Atlanta, GA and I wanted to buy it. The guy I talked to on the phone said it had previously been modified but that he would have one of his most experienced mechanics take a look at it and give me a call. Does anyone know anything about this dealership? Are they trustworthy or should I run away? Also, does anyone happen to know anything about the car? Did it used to belong to some guy who tuned it, beat the hell out of it, and then returned it to stock? Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I've heard some horror stories, so I wanted to make sure I did all my homework before I went out and bought the car. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thats my old car... give me a call.. I'd be happy to tell you all about it :) I'll PM you my number....

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Mod list... Like I said on the phone... Not sure if Classic returned any of it to stock at all... Cars Cherry :)

Ride: 06' WRB STI, Mods: K & N panel filter, Tint %20, 05' STI tailight swap, Helix Catted DP, Perrin Cat-back,Topspeed Protune 290whp/334tq, RCE yellow springs, Blacked out headlights/Tint for tails+3rd brake light done by 10th St JDM!, Hella horns(118db), JDM hazzard button

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

The previous owner was a no good yeller driver. He tuned it, beat it and then put it back to stock :)

5. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

talk to herman jones, he is a good guy. tell him steven king recommended you to him

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thanks Alex :rofl:

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

+1 I've dealt with Herman on my last 2 Subarus... He's a good guy. I'm not sure if he handles the used side though. From my experience though, once you start talking numbers, you'll be talking to the sales manager anyways...