Aftermarket radiator help

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by impreza, Jan 12, 2015.

1. impreza

impreza Member

I want to change the coolant on my 2004 sti.im putting the Subaru coolant in but was wondering if I should use the Subaru system conditioner in it but wasn't sure if I need it because I have a koyo radiator?i also have a rough idea of what the conditioner does ,so some explaining would also help a lot thanks for any help guys.

2. orndog

orndog Member

The conditioner is for the seals or gaskets in your engine, not the radiator.

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

which means yes...you absolutely want to use it.

4. liltoua

liltoua Member

Orndog is right the conditioner is for the seals/gaskets. Just run it, it wont hurt and it's like $6 from the dealership. Make sure to use distilled water :)

5. orndog

orndog Member

Sorry for not being more clear :rofl: I was sleepy.
    I was pointing out that having an aftermarket radiator doesn't affect the need to run the conditioner because the conditioner isn't for the radiator, it's for the engine assembly.

6. impreza

impreza Member

Ok thanks for the helps guys because from what I heard it was for the core not the gasket lol

7. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

I use Honda blue coolant (I get this for free) in mine and Subaru super blue when I have some available. Always stays at that first line. I'm using Mishimoto x-line rad and never had a problem to this day.