Aim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Jun 16, 2005.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am no longer allowed to use AIM at work. They say it causes a conflict with one of our systems. I say it is BS, but I am just a lowly peon in this big horrible company.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

pwned by "the man"

j/k that sucks though

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wow, what the gay...

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Not that I would advocate it, but you can run AIM over other ports that may be open, such as SMTP (port 25).

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

They did not close the port, I could still technically run it on my PC, but I would get in alot of trouble if they catch me. I think their whole "conflict" is BS. They sent out an email a couple days ago saying that AIM is for work related conversations only. I talked to one of my supervisors and she said that people were having sexually oriented conversations thru AIM while on calls. Damn them screwing up that service for everyone.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

well... i dont use aim anyways :)

7. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

sucks that a couple of people and ruin it for everyone else.

i feel for ya man.

-drums

8. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

That does suck. My work is trying to convert us all over to MSN ,but screw that. They are trying to secure up the network and startin to monitor our chat sessions. I say Fight the Power!! :hsnono: They wont take my Yahoo or aim away or I will just convert my work laptop to LIlNUX

Heck go old school and use DOS net send and start sending random messages unless they have the Messenger service turned off

NET SEND {name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS} message

Its fun stuff :keke: :keke:

9. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

try aim express, web based.

10. Vektra

Vektra Member

thats what I was going to say, it works pretty well.

11. E-Mol

E-Mol Member

420 you just got BONESAW'D!!!