AirMax95's Journal Thread.....

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by AirMax95, Mar 26, 2008.

1. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

AirMax95's Journal Thread.....Accident Pics on post 32

Bought the car in May of 2006. Babied the thing ever since. Approx. 94k on the clock......

If you are interested it is for sale if the price is right!

Mods:
    Invidia 3" TBE
    PDE Flex UpPipe
    ECUtek ECU (not tuned)
    Prodrive Blue springs
    Perrin Rear Sway w/ Whiteline Endlinks
    JDM STi Scoop
    Factory guage pack
    OEM Front and Rear Underspoilers

The pics are compliments of my Co-Worker.

On to the pics!

Front End With Cool Effect:
    [​IMG]

Close Up:
    [​IMG]
    Front Quarter:
    [​IMG]
    Rear Quarter:
    [​IMG]
    Factory Gauge Pod:
    [​IMG]
    JDM Stickers Yo:
    [​IMG]

That is all!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  2. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

ill take the gauges and pod :)

3. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

If I didn't have one we'd be talking. Sweet ride!

4. bsigari62

bsigari62 Member

nice car! i can sell you a jdm sti grill for the 02-03 if your interested.. it makes the car look so sick

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

DUDE....looking good.....makes me miss my old 02......is Tom's WRX still looking/might be buying it?

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

Damn nice!!! Now come detail my car you OBVIOUSLY do a good job.

7. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

^^^ And the car is even cleaner in person. Dude do not sale your car it is so sexy.

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Nice n' clean sir!

9. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Thanks......sadly this did not even include a buff/wax, lol. If the water situation improves I will offer services for memnbers, maybe more. I am working on it!

10. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

He hasn't gotten back to me yet. There is a silver 1999 E36 M3 sedan in Orlando that I am going to look at next weekend.....:drool:

11. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Someone convince me to keep this thing....

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  12. bsigari62

bsigari62 Member

hey i really think you should keep it, lol.

13. FACE

FACE Active Member

She is sexy my friend...

14. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Update!!!! Keeping The Wrx

Well, after a bad credit buyer killed the deal on the WRX, the M3 that I really wanted was sold!

With that said, she stays! It's nice to have a reliable car over 102,000 miles, lol.

Going forward:

Getting porfessionally detailed! I have neglected this car for about a month or 2. Plus, the watering ban sucks!

The brake systems needs some re-work. Pads, fluid, lines, and rotors are on the list. Along with an oil change.

The front lip HAS TO GO, I am tired of looking at it. What other lips flow with the stock sides and rear diffuser?

Wheels must be added to this car, lol. I want a more aggressive, but clean look.

Also, I am buying EcuTek again, but this time actually getting the car TUNED!!!

That is all for now, back to tedious/boring work!

Advice welcomed as usual!

15. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Glad to hear you are keeping her. Why not an AP instead of ECUtek?

16. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Well, I hd the Ecuteck ECU before, but never took it for tune. I sold it here locally. Now, someone is selling theres for the same price pretty much.

AP = $600+
    ECUTek = under $200

I just want it cleaned up and tuned. From what I remember: ECUteck is still on par with AP, but AP has more features. Features that I will probably not use.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, please.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  17. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Also, the bugeye gets a secondary boost map with Ecutek;)

18. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

You are correct! I am guessing I can do a fuel economy map and an all-out fast & furious one, lol.

19. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

I got a used apv1 for $300 - just have to be patient. I guess either is fine. I thought I had seen SS post that AP tuning was easiest.

20. wrxin8or

Its actually not 2 fuel maps, it is a single fuel map, but two boost maps.

Basically, you have one normal driving map, then a "fun" map;)

21. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

thanks for the correction!

22. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Well, after going to the Varsity last night I have decided to clean the WRX exterior up. I am looking to get the car PDR'd, front lip re-installed (road gator), and full paint correction (damn OEM orange peel).

Also, I hope to get it tuned in a month or so @ TopSpeed. The car has been Stage II since the Fall of 2006 UNTUNED!

QUESTIONS:

1) What body shops do you trust in the area? I am in Duluth, but I dont mind driving to a reputable shop.

2)Before tuning, what needs to be changed/checked as far as the engine bay goes? I am going to check my codes of course, possibly a new O2 sensor. I am at 103xxx miles, almost timing belt range.

23. Jake

Jake Active Member

timing belt, plugs, oil, air filter. should be fine before tune

24. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

:wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc:
    :wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc:
    :unamused::unamused::unamused:
    :unamused::unamused::unamused:

25. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Take it to kingwrex and see what he recommends, but in addition to above have your valve clearances checked if needed. Have you been regular with diff fluid changes etc?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  26. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Oh SNAPS!!!!!

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

27. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

The WRX is gone....

RIP 8-27-2008, 3:10pm:wtc:

Uneven tire wear, sharp curve, 45mph = off road crash......

Pics soon to come.

28. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

daaaaang.....didn't you just sell it, or was this before you sold it?!

29. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

oh no man! how bad? hope your ok.

30. Jake

Jake Active Member

he never sold it. he was still trying to

31. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

No! Dude when you get a chance shoot me a pm.

32. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Yeah, so here are the pics......

Guys, honestly I do not know how I am here typing this post right now. From the pics you can tell that.

No need for a long story, it lasted all of 3 seconds. Heading towards Alpharetta to sell the WRX on Abbotts Bridge Road, the backend got loose and I could not correct it. If you have traveled Abbotts Bridge you know the spot. Just after making the left onto ABR in downtown Duluth, down the hill to the odd curves. I went left and came out the curve to the right, the back end slid. I was heading towards the right bank, tapped the brake a little and turned the wheel to the left and the car then slid across the lane into a ditch. I landed nose first, went upright, then landed on upside down.

FYI: I was not speeding, no skid marks, and the witness said the car seemed to be gliding. I noticed uneven wear on inside of the passenger wheel. Before I left home I looked at it from the rear and could SWEAR it was slightly crooked, but I thought nothing of it.

The residents across the street came out after they heard the sirens. They said, along with the Duluth Officers, that I am the 2nd in 2 weeks to go off there. The couple say people always have wrecked there. Wierd as hell.

I am only hear to type by the grace of God, a seatbelt, and the construct of the Impreza. I literally walked away with a 1/8th inch scratch on my finger and a brusied shoulder from hitting the B pillar/ seatbelt pivot.

On to the carnage that I snapped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

33. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

damn.... glad you're ok.

34. wrxin8or

damn dude...not even anything left to part out

35. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Sent you a txt! Hope you're alright Terrance!

36. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

holy shit! glad your ok man!!!

37. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

damn son!

we're all here for you and glad that you are ok.

dibs on the one fog lamp that's still good. :p

R.I.P. to the cleanest WRB bugeye on the site.

38. wrxin8or

Fixt.

5spdfrk's car is cleaner IMO

39. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Glad that you are OK. That speaks very well to the construction of the car.

That is the really hard way to get rid of a car! Hope you had insurance!

40. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Holy shit dude! i am so sorry

41. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

damn T, sorry man at least your ok.

42. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Going for a check up at the hospital.

43. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Glad to hear you are ok. Sorry about the car T.

44. Jake

Jake Active Member

damn didnt realize it was that serious when you were texting me this morning. glad you're ok dude.

and if anything is salvageable it stays in the family, the L needs to carry on the bugeye's legacy!

call me later tereance

45. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Diagnosis from Piedmont of Fayetteville: Muscle Strain

Thanks for all the concern. WRX Atlanta once again shows why it is the best Subaru community ever!

Now to decide on the next car. Must have a freaking sunroof!!!!!

Nicad's, 5spdfrk's, then mines, lol!

Full Coverage Insurance FTW!!! The motor did not budge at all into the cabin. The B Pillars on boths sides are standing tall! Forget the outer body, that car takes care of the people inside!

The car is at the towing service. I am going there to sign the release to the insurance company. They towing people wont let me "remove" anything that is "attached" to the car. I really want the X-pipe and the turboback off the car. And my JDM pimp tite pistol grip shift knob!

46. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Had you already found an M3?

You said you were on the way to sell the car. How did that call go to the prospective buyer?

47. Jake

Jake Active Member

damnit! i guess its all in who you know. we coulda done a full swap and the insurance company wouldnt have known the difference.

48. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Well the towing guys made it clear that I can't remove anything from the car that is attached until the insurance company gives them the go ahead. Once I sign the release papers State Farm is coming to get the car and take it one of their storage facilitles. I guess that I can ask the adjuster??? I have no clue, lol.

I have found a few M3's that I want. 97 Apline White coupe, 99 Cosmos coupe are the 2 that I REALLY want ASAP! I actually wouldn't mind getting an STi, but I have always wanted an M3. If I dont like it, a quick re-sale would be very easy to do.

One of the buyers saw this thread and emailed me! I was with his dad that morning to get the car looked over. I was enroute to the other buyer, needless to say, he was sad. He thought I was joking, lol.

49. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah i asked the adjuster and the body shop. i knew the owners of the body shop where my car was, so that helped. the adjuster said i would have so long (cant remember the exact time) to remove whatever i wanted as long as the original equipment was there.

50. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Well my left side feels like crap, so I cant wrench on anything.

Someone may end up getting my car with some goodies, lol.