AJC Auto Show

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by FTZ, Mar 10, 2007.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

2. longfury

longfury Active Member

Was there anything there that you would call a must see? I wasn't planning on going this year.

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Only the Audi R8. Aside from that, just the standard cars, nothing overly special. I am glad I didn't have to pay anything, I would have been disappointed otherwise.

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Did they have a mazdaspeed 3 by any chance?

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

If you wanna see one of those most of the Mazda dealers have one or more. I know a dealer and a salesman you could go and talk to and get a drive in one. The sales guy doesn't care if you buy one or not. He just likes to take them out. PM me if you want his number and the dealer name.

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i went a few years ago and they had a WRC Subaru there :jerk:

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

I'm pretty sure that jacked-up scion just made me vomit a little in my mouth.

On a better note, I absolutely love the R8s...I need to get rich.

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

The jacked up Scion was pretty cool I think, only because of how different it is when you think Scion. I never would have expected to see a Monster XB, but there it is.

As for the R8, the car is absolutely beautiful. I got to sit in it, and it felt great. The seats were very comfortable and extremely grippy. No problems sliding around in that seat.

9. BelvnAWD

I don't really want to drive it, too afraid I will like it too much!! :) I just wanted to sit in it and look at the interior so I have a comparison with the new Impreza...

10. longfury

longfury Active Member

Ah yeah....well...I have bad news then.

My ex had a base model 2006 Mazda 3($16K was the price) and it had better interior than the Impreza. They are really nice for the money inside. Much nicer than our cars.

11. BelvnAWD

I know they have nicer interiors than the present day WRX, I am looking to compare it to the 08my when it comes out. Since its supposedly going upscale and hatch. I want a hatch and a little nicer interior. If the Mazdaspeed 3 was AWD and the rumors of the MY08 impreza weren't swirling around, I would probably be driving one today...

12. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeah the MS3 being FWD is the reason I am not driving one. It is a better handling car than a stock WRX. It still has FWD bad habits but they are not as bad from what I hear as they could be considering the amount of power the car has.