Alarm system

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by ARTbluSubaru, Nov 13, 2004.

1. ARTbluSubaru

ARTbluSubaru New Member

Hey, I am looking to get a security system and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that could help me decide which one to get.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if i recall correctly, i think miranda (midnight gold) had a pretty cool security system... u might wanna talk to her

3. ARTbluSubaru

ARTbluSubaru New Member

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

For Christmas my parents are getting me an alarm.

I'm planning on going with a Clifford G5, I forget which trimline it is.

Pretty much any of the name brand alarms work the same, but make sure you have a good installer.

5. Midnight_Gold

Midnight_Gold Member

Hey there... sorry for the delayed response.

I have a CompuStar alarm system w/ remote start, turbo timer and all that other fun jazz. As cool as it was when I first bought it, I would not recommend buying this alarm.

It's too freakin' expensive. You only get one remote (they're like $100). You have to do a little voodoo dance to get the damn thing to work properly. Bottom line... too expensive.

I would really recommend the Viper security system with remote start. As long as you are careful not to put the car in gear when you park, it's a really nice thing to have, especially in the winter. You may not be able to get a shop to install it for you, but I'm sure there are people out there who'd help you get it installed.

http://www.alarms.com/security/viper/viper_se_rs.asp

Check this one out... it's the shiznit, y0.

Lemme know if there's anything else I could help you out with!

~ Miranda

6. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

i wanted to get compustar 2WSS-AS. It has the longest range. I was quoted $650installed while viper one was $550 installed. i think compustar might be better since not that many theives dealt with compustar compare to DEIs.

hey miranda, how is the range with compustar??? are they really good???

7. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

viper 791xv was the model that i was interested.

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ive heard many good things about Viper, but alarms are not my speciality.

Chang are you still interested in your bars?

9. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

haha, this might be little off topic, BUT i have STi take off struts combo (has springs and top hats as well) that sitting in my garage. I'm waiting for free time for installation. my dad saw them, and got pissed. haha he doesn't like modding...

SO, bars are pushed out till i get good tires at least. I think i will see more benefit with more sticky tires than stock.

10. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

BTW, alex, PM me if you got really good deal with bars. I might consider about them.