Alignment specs

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by SonicBoom, Jan 26, 2005.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Just got my car Aligned at Gran Turismo Friday...Very happy with the service, knowledgable and friendly guys...
    Unfortunately, I couldn't get nearly the spec's I wanted(I'll list them below). Due to the offset of my wheels - 17x7 Enkei gf1's - They couldn't get the back right without rubbing.
    So needless to say, I'm a little pissed at Discount Tire for selling me that set-up.. Okay, so that's what I asked for but...In some cases, I believe the customer isn't alllways right. I think the two attendants there should've known the offset was all wrong for the car, and at the very least, they shouldv'e known that 225-45's are too wide for 17x7 making them bulge(wearing faster).

So now that I've learned better, it's prolly too late for them to do anything about it(I've had'em 7 months). All the guys there are really cool and they do a good job but...I'm still going down there to see if they can do anything...Mike, didn't you say you had connections with Discount?
    Anyways, here's the specs Gran Turismo achieved..

Front Left Right
    Camber -1.8 -1.6
    cross cam -0.2
    Castor 3.1 3.5
    cross cast -0.4
    Toe 0.04 0.03
    total toe 0.07
    Rear -2.7 -2.7
    Toe 0.05 0.05
    total toe 0.11
    thrust angle -0.00

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

for tires and stuff like that? Yeah I do! PM me with what you need.

3. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

wow~ -1.8 camber in the front??? did not you use stock camber bolt, right? I only managed to get about -1.2 camber in the front.

Did you do static alignment or did you sit in the car during alignment???

mike, i'll let you know whenever i get new rims. haha hopefully SOON tho.

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

as long as I get my car back from Top Speed and it's not to much to fix I will be getting rims next as well. I let you know man.

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

JW....Yes, the front was stock(no camber bolts) and I was sitting in the car when they aligned it.. like I said Gran Turismo is a pretty good shop...

Mike, I was more asking if maybe you knew some management that might be sympathetic and give me some kind of deal... like I said I really feel the attendents are at fault for selling me that set-up with no warnings.... There's no way I could spring for a whole new settup right now.. Especially since it looks like I'm gonna have to buy a Carbon Fiber hood in the very near future...