all moved in

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Weapon, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

well im all moved in..now i think i will be doing some painting this weekend..cant wait to get everything unpacked and settled..hey mike..i also need to talk to ya about ceramic tile for my kitchen and bathrooms..not sure about durability and installation..ill probably be doing it in the next few weeks though..maybe you could swing by and take a look at my kitchen and bathroom and tell me what you think would work best

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

sure thing buddy...call me up

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That was quick

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Cool beans. So what street do you live off now?

Re: ceramic tile, there are some things to keep in mind.. PM me if you want, I've done some research on flooring of all kinds. (Installed strip hardwood and laminate downstairs last year, considering redoing the kitchen floor this year...)

5. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

So how's the new casa looking? Boxes everywhere?

-drums

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I don't have a cool "this thread is useless without pics" jpeg...so I just will just write it:

This thread is useless without pics... :bigthumb:

7. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Hopefully you get unpacked faster than I did when I moved into my house 8 mths ago. We still have boxes piled up in one room. I think its an endless battle, but Good Luck :bigthumb:

8. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea..we are about 85% unpacked..so we have made a pretty big dent..still have to get all my tools and the garage organazized..now we are going to start on painting and planning some upgrades on the house.

9. lostinthewoods

Just remember

House = $ Money Pit $

Woo ho.

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Ain't that the truth!

You move in figuring you'll just do a couple small things and maintain it, and that'll be good.. next you know, that carpet isn't looking all that great and you're putting hardwood flooring in.. then the dishwasher is old and crappy, and you replace that... then your washer dies.. then you figure that the upstairs would look a lot nicer in a light tan than the pale ugly white... then your garage door opener gives up the ghost.. then the water pressure regulator.. then your HVAC system craps itself...

Then again, I bought a 14 year old home, so that kind of stuff is to be expected over the course of a few years. :) Luckily I've done every repair/improvement expect for the pressure regulator myself -- labor costs are INSANE for some stuff! ($100 to install a freakin' dishwasher? It's two hoses and a plug fer crissake...)

11. lostinthewoods

Ditto... jeez. My wife is pushing for the new carpet / hardwood floors right. I am greatful she let me get the garage organized before that and hopefully I can get my air tools to :bigthumb:
    Actually if I persuade her that the airtools will help out with puttin up the crown molding and flooring then its a win win hehe.

ANyways, Its Friday...

Drink Beer and Be Merry (typo fixed) :D

-lostinthewoods
    ....grr 100miles from a 1000 and break in period is over. Long drive tonite :D

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yup, every project is an excuse for a new tool or two... :D Got a table saw and compressor out of my hardwood flooring project. Gotta love it. :bigthumb:

(and still saved money!)