Allow myself to introduce, myself

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Hairy Gorilla, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

My name is Tim and i'm finishing up my degree at GT this semester. Some of you have probably seen me around town. I met a few at felinis one of the nights you all got together. Anyways, here is the car..

2004 WRB WRX
    34,000miles

Cobb accessport (stage 2, 93 oct)
    Cobb turbo heat shield
    XO2 Racing TBE-heat wrapped
    Perrin up pipe-heat wrapped
    Cobb sport springs
    Front strut tower brace (unsure of brand)
    Subaru rear diffuser
    STI side skirts
    16" Enkei OR52 wheels
    Eclipse speakers front doors and back.

All of these mods were on the car when I bought it. So far I've only added a prosport premium boost gauge. My first plan is to get rid of the wheels and go for something 17" or 18". If anyone on the board wants to trade plus some extra cash or buy them let me know.:wiggle: Anyways, on to some pics (will have more later).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice to meet you guys!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I think ive seen your car a few times...is that Bellemeade rd?

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Clean ride... I like the rims, why do you want new ones?

4. Very nice, welcome to wrxatlanta man!

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

+1

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Whats up! I drive past your car a couple days a week, it always looks so clean.

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

welcome to WrxAtlanta bro! nice ride...

8. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

welcome to site! car is very purty if I do say so myself!

9. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

Yeah. I've lived there the past 2 years. I previously had a black Integra GSR and sold it for this.

I like the look of the rims on the car but I'm always envious of the bigger wheels

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

ahh.. wheel envy... I understand that.. I've wanted to go to 18's since I bought my car. I just don't have the heart to sell $750/each rims for $800 total, to buy rims that are probably not at good of quality... So, I'm stuck...

11. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

wow low miles for a 04!

12. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

What wheels do you have on your car?

I think I would be happy with 17" wheels. I'm pretty sure some people on the board can confirm, but I think the price of tires starts to go up a lot for 18" vs. 17".

13. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

Welcome to the spot!!!

14. truegiant

truegiant Member

welcome

Welcome and Enjoy... I enjoy my new 17's and I know you will too!

15. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Hi,

I usually park in W02 so maybe see you around.

16. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

Ahh man the gold BBS are definitely my number 1 choice. Nice ride. I think 17s are just meant for the car!

17. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

Nice I used to be in W02. I moved to W10 since I'm MSE, and at the gym every day...

18. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

GYM... what's that, I barely have any time to sleep.

19. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I just have the stock BBS's which I like... I just want 18's... Tire prices are not that bad for 17's or 18's since they've become more common... Lookin for 18 x 8.5's.........

20. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

Cool well I'll keep that in mind about the 18's

Just fucking left CRC this morning and saw a nice new scrape down the back bumper about 12-15" in length. Almost and inch wide too:eek4: Damnit I am pissed. I even parked a few spaces down past everyone to keep from getting hit. I am just a magnet. I called ABRA and they quoted me $450-500 for a repaint. Is that the going rate? It sounds a little expensive to me...Anyone have a better shop around downtown?

21. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Its about time you posted a thread haha

22. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sorry to hear about the scrape... grrr... I got 3 door dings within two weeks of purchase...

23. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

Yeah it is painful. I went up to Atlanta Classic Subaru to get some touchup until I can figure out where I want it painted. Apparently the owner there races rally-He's got a silver 04/05 STi in the showroom that he races. Pretty cool.