Almost got Scammed on Ebay...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Texsun, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Texsun

Texsun Member

Somebody just tried to scam me on an ebay item I sold a few weeks ago. Little did they know I recorded the Serial Number for the product. Thank you Army for teaching me that haha... The buyer said the product was faulty and wanted a return. Which was not an issue, so they sent me the item back and I gave them the refund but in return I got a totally different item that did not function... needless to say I contacted ebay, after I sent him a very kind email to his personal email :) The member now has to return me my original item, refund 278 bux +75 extra for some rule infringement with ebay and has 72 hours to comply. He may have some more paperwork headed his way from ebay ROFL STOMPED!

2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I hope you used PayPal...eBay doesn't really go after them. That's kinda left up to you.

3. Texsun

Texsun Member

PayPal all day! I already received the refund and the extra, just waiting on the original item to be sent to me.

4. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

I love it when the crooks lose. eBay has been working my last nerve lately. I ordered some led bulbs from a shop in Lawrenceville over eBay on May 9th and I am yet to receive them. SMH should have known better.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

that sucks...have you called them?

in the future, superbrightleds.com and oznium.com are your friends.

6. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

Yea I ended up just ordering from superbrightleds.com on Monday and I got them Today. They're awesome!

I sent the guy on ebay several messages :/

7. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Wait...so you got the money he originally payed you that you also refunded him, and the $75? And he has to send you the item you sold him? Did I get that right? If so that's f'ing sweet!

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

so you made $75 by selling something on eBay that you didn't sell, basically

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

If they are a local shop, I would either call or pay them a visit in person. If it was some dude's house, then I got nothing.

10. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Sounds like the shitty buyer has to pay Ebay $75 rather than the OP an extra 75