Alpharetta / Cumming Area Tint shops

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lostinthewoods, Mar 11, 2005.

1. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Hey yall,

Just drove away with a 05 black STI last weekend and can not stop driving the thing, plus its a huge pain to keep below 4k on the tach.

Anyhow, just a quick question:

Anyone know of a decent shop to get my windows tinted at?

Also has anyone be able to find a shop that installs / sells the clear bra's for our cars locally?

Thanks.

Lostinthewoods ( or on the road ) ;)

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Hmmm, I can't answer any of your questions, but its just as well since I am very jealous of your car. Seriously though, welcome to the boards and I am sure someone will chime in with answers. I know Milo and a few others have tinted their windows...05 black STi....Sweet!

3. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I had my windows tinted at Hot Spot Tinting (http://www.hotspottinting.com) in Marietta, off Windy Hill. Great work, all warrantied and the Diamond tint they use comes with a lifetime warranty...it might be out of your way, but I'd highly recommend them. Good luck with the car and welcome to the boards!

Later.

- Clay

4. lostinthewoods

Ahh cool. I will have to go check that place out.

Thanks

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

I went there as well and they do great work and I will go to them again if I need to have another car tinted.

They will tint below 32%(the current in limbo tint law) but it just like before its a cash only transaction. I went 35% and i am perfectly happy with it on my silver car.

Price is $199 for our cars BTW.

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

both my girlfriend and I got ours done at Line-X, guy does great work.

7. socrates42

socrates42 Member

There currently is no tint law for the state of Georgia. It was thrown out last year by the state courts. So go get your tint before the write a new law. It is on the legislative agenda this session in the state house.

8. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Actually, it has already passed one of either the house or senate. Check out the state legislative website for more info...

9. married05gt

married05gt starting over

I just got my tint done today. I got 15% all the way around and a strip on the front for $170.00 the place is K&L tinting off of buford hwy about 10mins from SoG. they also have the clear bug things.

P.S. u dont have to keep it under 4k on the tach. Call SoG and talk to scott about how to break in a WRX:bigthumb:

10. lostinthewoods

What kind of warrenty do they offer at K&L?

Do you happen to have a number for that place b/c I was looking for it and cant find it.

Thanks

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I was told at the install day about this guy who came out and did a tint job for $130 on location.

Could I get anymore info on that?

12. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Lifetime

I dont have their # right now i will look and see if it is on my reciept and post it later.

13. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

the line-x guy that did mine for dealership price has a lifetime warn..

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i got mine at k&l also

15. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

the 130 was "DO IT RIGHT WINDOW TINTING", i found it on yahoo business, he came to my work and did it in about 2 hrs, im still looking for his card.

by the way everyone told me to drive the car hard when i first got it, even the dealer!

16. lostinthewoods

Ahh very cool.

I wont lie I have been driving some what hard, but again being my first vehicle with a turbo there still is a little getting used to.
    Plus starting to hunt down boost guage so I can get it installed before a lil road trip in April.

Any how thanks for another tint shop.

Hopefully the weather holds out I wanna hit a little mountain run this weekend.

Adios

17. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Yeah, please do. I'd like to get in touch with him.

18. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member