Always a child...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by halvdan, May 30, 2005.

1. halvdan

halvdan Member

I can't speak for anyone else, and since I'm the youngest, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only anime/manga fan, but if im not I figured I'd just do a small list of some of my favorites or whatever and see how it grows...or doesn't. =)

Elfen Lied
    Ghost in the Shell (all of it)
    Full Metal Panic!
    Gundam SEED
    Samurai Deeper Kyo
    Onegai Teacher
    Gantz
    Samurai Champloo
    Akira

...(and ive left out a lot, this is just what came to mind; its mostly recent stuff) if this thread fails or whatever, or its just a waste i appoligize, but you know, its always 1 more post =).

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

There are many on here who like anime. In fact someone on here does some anime or runs conventions for it or something...

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

im an anime fan..check out
    APPLESEED
    HELLSING
    INITIAL D
    those are my favorites

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

appleseed was awesome... so was ghost in the shell... need to watch the new initial d series

5. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

hmmm, im kinda old school but Ive seen wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much to mention. Dad used to work alot in japan, and been filling me in since 1984 yikes..

If you can figure out which series my screenname is from you win a cookie. :)

I do like newer ones as well such as bebop, nadesico, and full metal panic. But mainly older ones such as Castle of Cagiostro/Lupin, Dragon Half, and many many more.

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  6. halvdan

halvdan Member

For the prize your name is from Millenium Actress. I've heard good things about it, but as of right now I havent had the pleasure of viewing it. Heh Tachibana Genya is a kind of sketch name, I'm glad reading Newtype and Anime-Source have finally paid off.
    Also:
    I think I won't go into what I've heard about Dragon Pink, or even guess at the "many many more" you are hinting at; I don't think i have to. ^.^

Hellsing was really good though, its a shame they ended the anime but the manga is still exceptional. I havent seen Initial D either but I always thought the story sounded kind of on the cheesy side, but as they say, dont judge a book by its cover.

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Maybe I'm a little more ole school
    FISTS OF THE NORTHSTAR
    AKIRA
    VAMPIRE HUNTER D
    NINJA SCROLL

8. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Word Sonic! All fav's esp the ending of FOTNS. Good Taste *thumbs up*

Close that is one Genya, but my Genya comes form a different series. Which is one of my Fav Anime Sountracks as well.

Mill. Actress I yet to have seen but heard good things about it.

LOOOOOOOOOOL I meant to say dragon half! But I guess I wouldnt pass up a viewing of dragon pink, that one scene in Vampire Hunter D, scarred me for life already, so i think I can hang! lol.

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  9. BelvnAWD

I sense a trading forum may need to be set up. In the "old" days, before this new fangled world wide web and mp3's people used to trade tapes so other could record them. It was like an early version of Napster except you actually had to know people and it wasn't technically illegal.

10. halvdan

halvdan Member

...eheh, how big is the wrxatlanta ftp? i sense an anime section. Heh, is that a reference to the days where people actually traded fan subs that were on VHS? lol. So Vampire Hunter D scarred ya, that ranks up there with my all time favorites, its about as old as them too, (granted i have a lot) like Ruruoni Kenshin and Martian Successor Nadesico? I always thought that was a good movie. I enjoy most anime, "ecchi" included, but that is a very fine line. Ya most of the ones i started with are pretty recent ones that I've watched in the past year. The ones I'm looking into next are
    Initial D, Noir, Onegai Twins, Chobits, Rahxephon, Inuyasha (finally seeing all of it, if it ever ends), Fushigi Yuugi, and Naruto...a lot on my plate.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

The new ftp has a max file size of 30mb. We'll see.

12. BelvnAWD

I was actually refering to physically trading the discs for awhile. One could technically fly to europe, copy the DVD and then reenter the country without having violated any laws. It is not the possession of a copied DVD that is illegal here, it is the circumventing of encryption. I will be in France in November if anyone wants anything copied.... :keke: