American Muscle returning?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigb996, Jan 12, 2006.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i gotta tell you theres some absolutly sick american muscle cars coming out or being said to be coming out.
    The camaro is not to shabby looking
    http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/

the challenger i would love to have as its going to be rather powerful at over 500hp [​IMG]

then we have the shelby ford gt500 returning!

[​IMG] - not exact imagine but similar

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

The new Challenger is a good modern take on the car but I'm kinda sick of these cars copying the exact lines of the older cars but with new materials.

The Camaro is wild, I'm sure it will be watered down by the beancounters but it could have potential. I'd like to see them put out a nice v8 powered sedan or convertible to compete with the Chrysler 300s.

3. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

yeah i see the camaro looking just like the charger after they tone it down.. if they ever actually bring it back( doubtful)...

4. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

the new chrysler 300 srt8 is freaking bad! and the charger is amazing looking in the srt8model. My best friends next door neighbor got the chrysler 300 model in the srt8 and he told me its got like 450hp, and he took me for a ride the other day. The tire barked at 70mph and its 0-60 will throw you back in your seat. I must say chrysler makes a mean car.

5. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

that camaro looks like they took some lines from the ME twelve concept... i'm getting a little tired of the "me too" revival as well.

it's almost like "hey every new design we make sux, so lets bring back the old stuff"... dunno how to feel about that. more "boomers" are reaching retirement so i guess that's the market demo for them right now. i wonder what will happen when the boomers are not around.

6. Honestly, I love all the new muscle designs coming out. The camaro is beautiful, and rumor is that the production car will be very similar. The challenger is reported to be the exact same car as the one pictured above only I'll bet the wheels wont be that huge.
    The only bad thing about the camaro is the name itself... for too long the camaro nameplate is synonymous with redneck and trailer parks. So, I'll just have to settle for the challenger! :D

7. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Damnit, no more camaro.

I definately perfer the Challenger to the new charger. If anything, the challenger tried to maintain the original look and not become a boxed out space mobile ultra modded 300 like the charger.