An Idea after being away for so long

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by oucatch21, Mar 28, 2006.

1. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

OK, so since school started back I know that others as well as myself have been away form the boards alot. I finally got a chance to catch up on all the posts that I have been missing tonight and realized that i have missed out on alot of small gtgs, like dinner or small install days ect.., that even though i am in school i could have made it to.

So here is my idea!

Make it possible for events on the calender(or events that are planned out a week ahead of time, i know som of us are random and try to plan things the day before) to be emailed to members who would like to be notified.

This all just comes from the fact that during school I dont have alot of time to keep up with the boards but often it is possible for me to swimg by a hooters or chipoltle for a couple of hours and chill with everyone.

2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

well before 3.5 there was a way to set a reminder for yourself but i dont se the option there anymore. good idea.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I can see about putting that back on the calendar.

4. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I wish I was closer sometimes. Hey Alex how many people from the Savannah area would we need to put up, say, a SE Georgia section?

5. jt money

did you do this already or was it late last night and looked over it cause its there now. chip if you go to the claendar and pick an event you should se on the event detail page a set reminder linkon the upper right corner of the dialog box. you can set a reminder to go off anywhere from 3 days to 1 hour before the event im not sure if this sends an email or a pm though. hope this helps a lil. ;)

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

we're all one group... do u really need another section ;)

jk... we will be discussing this in the near future

7. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

That's a good point though Milo and I hope I can help bring some people in. :D

It'd be useful as a G2G thing for people in this area who are planning to go north for the bigger events. I mean interstate 16 is such a miserable experience by ones self, but in a convoy it'd be a lot more fun - as in the time would go by faster, plus it'd be a lot safer.

That and there are SO many WRX's and STI's around Ft Stewart. And there still popping up from time to time even after we all spent our deployment savings. If I had a way to encourage these guys and gals to get involved it'd be great for the big picture too. Granted we're pretty much all soldiers and airmen and would generally only be stationed in GA for a few years, ecept for those like myself who are actually from NE GA......

Sorry for the thread jack. :eek:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

bluetwo: PM'd u

9. jt money

actually this sight has grown into some what of a SE forum already. just cause our name is WRXatlanta doesnt meen we exclude anyone from neighboring states. we have people in al, fl, ms, sc, and im sure theres more. so get as many people to join as you can and when the time comes to evolve and make other sub forums it will be done. just a quick point the people from the Lawrenceville area always do a caravan to the meets they come to. they even have lunch between themselves sometimes. hope this helps.

* edit i see milo beat me to the explanation.

10. Alex

they sure do, those bastards dont include us either :rolleyes:

But yes, JT hit the head on the nail. As it stands, we have plenty of sub forums and such and the site needs to grow outward before it grows anymore inward. Make sense? Im not sure what Milo said in his PM, but Ill talk to him later about that.

There are great things in store for WRXatlanta :)

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

here's my PM
    i sent a PM in order to end the threadjack

12. jt money

actually i meant the forum has been a great way for them to meet each other and communicate with each other to plan events with out having their own section. and personaly i thinks its great they do stuff on their own (its not like we arnt invited) cause it shows that we are so close as a club that we do stuff even if the higher ups haven't provoked it. :p

13. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah Milo covered it pretty well.

I've met a few people here that have heard of SS and SOG but as far as I know no one is a member unless they took my advice and joined. :) I didn't get the referrral anyway. :hs:

14. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

make a mazz pm machine for high members or as in all mod's they can mass pm all members abt any info

15. Alex

you know what I meant, sheesh.

16. jt money

;) :p

17. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member