Another great job by Autofab Motorsports!

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by mattprzy, May 30, 2007.

1. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I went to dyno day with a exhuast leak somewhere before the turbo. It didn't take a genius to hear that my car was not running right. If you saw the pic in the dyno day thread you can see that I only made 199hp.

I did not want to look for the leak myself so I sent it over to Autofab Motorsports. I left the car overnight so it could be ready today. It was fixed quickly, easily and he hooked me up with a great deal.

Turns out the EGT probe fell out somehow. So there was roughly a 3/8 inch hole that was leaking. Got my car back today and it felt good as new!

I recommend if you don't want to take your car to the dealership take it to Thomas at Autofab. He will definitely beat their prices. If you don't know where they are located:

the site is not 100% complete but it has the basics, like location and contact info.
    http://autofab-motorsports.com/

and if you want to know what kind of project car they are working on just pm me and I'll tell ya.

2. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

what happened to the fallen egt probe?? did it get sucked into the turbo??

3. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am glad that they got things fixed for ya Matt!!!.

Mark

4. techlord

techlord Active Member

That is great news Matt, I was concerned for your car, but glad it was so simple. Shows how good our cars are properly tuned as you put down more than my 03's stock baseline and you had a huge hole.

Now make that carwash fix your bumper.

5. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I have no idea where the old one went. =\

My buddy paints cars so I can get him to repaint my bumper super cheap.

6. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

There is HUGE pressure in the UP, it likely blew the probe out somewhere.

SS