Another one bites the dust....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Apr 28, 2010.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Well... looks like my STI is going bye-bye soon... Going to be turning it in and getting a 2010 Legacy (base model)... Trying to get engaged/married this year and have some debt to pay off, so it just makes sense... Getting the exact car and deal in the link.. Not bad for a base model... But the STI will be missed.... Still staying in the family though!

http://www.subaruofatlanta.com/specials/index.htm?category=New Lease

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

good luck on your future family endeavors man

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Just get an Accord or Sonata. Subaru's suck at reliability and SOA never wants to fix your car under warranty.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thanks Dana :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Meh... the deal is right... They are getting me out of the STI 3 months early.... I'm not keeping the Legacy after the lease is up.. so I'm not worried about reliability... I would hope it would last 3 years with no issues.... (knocks on wood).

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

How do the new Legacy's drive?

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

it's not biting the dust, it's just getting passed around. :)

good luck with the Leggy

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The new Leggy's are actually very nice and comfty. I think it's wise.....just save your money for 3 years and then when you turn it in at end of lease get something really nice!

9. Matt

as long as it's not a BMW.

AMIRITE?

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LULZ.....no whatever his heart desires ;) Just because I love my car doesn't mean everyone else should.

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

What r u talking about? WJM set this man straight

12. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

so is this the one that the motor blew under warranty?

13. Shewb

Shewb Member

No, he hasn't had any problems with it.

Good car for whomever ends up with it. It's been babied it's whole life...unlike most Subies.

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Don't have it yet Alex... deal is in the works.... I'll write a review when I get it.. :)

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Nope.. As Shewb said... the only issue with this car is a few door dings... Car was babied...

16. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thanks man... Its just gonna be a huge adjustment... 290whp down to what??? 130?

17. Matt

yeah, but it won't be so bad...and you'll still have the 6speed...unless you go with CVT :unamused:

18. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

If the deal goes thru this week... It does have the six speed. Which, to be honest, I don't really want. I'd rather have the 5 speed. Especially on a car with no power... I'll just be rowing all day....

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Even though it's a 6 speed it's still a 6 speed that is crammed into a 5 speed case.

20. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ What does that mean for driveability? Are you saying it will drive like a 5 speed? Thats one thing I really didn't care for the 6 speed in the STI. The gears we're WAY too short(1st and 2nd being worthless), and 3300 RPM at 80mph. I liked the 5 speed in my old bugeye much better... Didn't drive the Leggie yet, it doesn't matter much how it drives, I'm not expecting much out of it.

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Just saying don't expect it to be as strong as the 6 speed int eh Sti.

22. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

One thing about the CVT though (assuming the dealer was correct), was the gas mileage was much better than the manual. The manual is rated at 19 mpg city, 27 hwy... He said the CVT was much better. I don't remember exactly, but I believe it was 23/32ish..... The whole point of downgrading is to save $$, and better gas mileage would help with that, even if it does mean driving an auto(yuck). But, the salesmen said most of the good deals are on the manuals. I'm assuming they don't sell as well and get left over...

23. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Modern CVTs are getting to be pretty snazzy. I didnt know that they were offering one on the Leggy.

Congrats on the upcoming engagement

24. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ Yeah, paddle shifters on a base model 4 cylinder have me curious as well... I hate automatics in general though, and really would just get one for the WAY better gas mileage.... and thanks for the well wishes!