Another SOG EJ20 possible record

Discussion in 'Subaru of Gwinnett PD' started by Cool_____, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well the car got retuned with the meth inj Friday. The car now LOVES timing adjustments. I was very surprised at how similar Milo and my cars are. From what Scott was telling me both our cars are finicky and disliked almost the same things. Milo we must have brother cars or something.

Anyway after a long day of tuning we were unable to dyno the car but I did have the chance to have a sprint beside Milo a few times. I will have to say that I am darn near close if not the SAME as Milo as nobody pulled anyone. We stayed side by side each time. Maybe soon I can get a dyno chart put up.

Thanks Scott for your dedication to perfection and smoothness. The car is totally different and once again drives even better! I'll be proudly sporting the SOGPD logo now! You'll be hearing for Protunes soon enough as my buddy was astonished with the new animal I brought home. Thanks!

Oh and thanks Milo for letting me crash. I wouldn't have made it home without pulling over constantly for naps. You guys rock!

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i couldn't have said it any better :)
    yeah... seemed pretty close through third gear though i feel u pull a little harder up top cuz of the bigger turbo and FMIC... i might have to consider moving up to an 18g to keep up with ya bro ;)

no problem at all man... our community here is based off helping a fellow enthusiast... wish u didnt live so far away and could hang out more often :)

3. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

^^^ True dat. Thanks for coming down. The FMIC and bigger turbo should allow a touch more power up top... I can't wait to see what it does. Almost pulled the dynos outside Friday night, but just didn't have time, and it was COLD

Thanks for coming down Cool Rex. This will be the first place I quietly anounce that we should have Protuner by Friday ;) shhhhh don't tell anybody ;)

SS

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Congrats!

5. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

Perfect timing scott! i just got my AP now just need the tbe and you can schedule me! oh and congrats on the new car cool rex, drew was telling me it was the hardest pullin 2 liter hes ever felt haha

6. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

lemme know cuz i'm as good as scheduled when you're available!

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks man. If Drew thought it felt good then, he should have rode in it after we found the boost leak and finished the tune. It pulled twice as hard afterwards and a LOT sooner.

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Delette, it was a real pleasure meeting you Friday and chillin' out with you at Milo's Friday night. Sorry you couldnt stick around to come to the track event :(

Congratulations on the setup, let us know when you're back in town!

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah it was great to put faces with everyone's screen names. I will most definately let you guys know when I am back in town.

Oh yeah here is a warning to anyone wanting Scott to tune their car. Be prepared for anyone that you give a ride to, to start running their mouths and challenging others to give ya a run. I already have 2 Evos and 1 STi wanting to run me for comparison. Needless to say....I'm not worried. :keke: :ddirty:

Scott the car feels so awesome and I love 4th as I can actually use it now. Funny thing is it actually keeps feeling better and better. Is it me or is the car still learning or could it be the elevation change?

10. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

The car will learn itself smoother, but I don't like for the car to have to do too much learning ;)

SS

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I think most of the change is me myself getting used to the way easier driving and now knowing what to expect. I bet I am learning and not the car. Also Scott I bled the clutch and you were right. Shudder is almost non-existant. Only time I have it is if I am in too high a gear or if I am on a hill and having to engage a little quicker.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You guys won't believe this! 11.98 @ 119 mph! Scott you are the man! Soon as I get a hold of a scanner I will be posting up the slip. This has got to be a record. 60' was an unbelievable 1.69. That 6 puck clutch grabbed and held it's own. Needless to say the tranny didn't like it much but I told myself if it breaks it breaks so be it. 6000 rpm clutch drop and praying it holds.....lol

I am officially done with the car. The more it drives the better 1st and 2nd sound so I think it's okay, just stressed. No more drags. I surpassed all my goals and I am gonna just drive the car without launching it and enjoy it.

1/4 time.....11.987
    1/4 mph......119.32
    1/8 time......7.912
    1/8 mph......95.43
    60 ft..........1.699

18g POWA on stock 2.0L!

Thanks Scott and WRXAtlanta for the help and inspiration!

13. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

damn impressive I say!! :bowdown:

I give you 2 months before you're doing something else to it
    (maybe replacing a tranny) :coolugh:

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Shhhhhhh! I have a honeymoon I have to save up for......I don't think the old lady would like that too much but hey if it happens it happens. We'll see...... :eek:hnoes:

15. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

congratz~!!! very very awesome Numeros!! 18g are really the BEST match for 2.0 Hopefuly i can break 110mph trap speed without breaking any stuffs

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

btw, i saw ur girl driving ur car today... she was doing mad tyte burnouts on 10th street

17. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

<off topic>

Yea, I heard that some HOT guy was hitting on her just because he drives another WRX. :rofl: :rofl: