Anybody else working late???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by cannarella, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cannarella

cannarella Member

So there I was, just got back from lunch, and had to put a patch on the EDI server with someone from the EDI team. It took a whole 15 minutes in test. Well 9 hours later the stupid thing is still hung and the support guy said leave it alone since it is using CPU cycles and memory. Arrrggggg!!!! This sucks. We are waiting on midnight so the Holland support team comes online and they have access to developers and hopefully a better solution then leave it alone. This server is production and if it is not up in about 4 hours I will have management breathing down my neck and making my live miserable... :squint:

I hope everyone else is having a better night then me...

2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

actually i had "normal" hours today..11am-7pm instead of 630pm - 3am... Hope work gets better for ya! as long as you're making $ thats all it really comes down to..especially with the way the economy is looking right now!

3. cannarella

cannarella Member

I am happy to have a job, don't get me wrong...

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

haha, what do you do?

Its good to be in development 9-5 ftw.

5. FACE

FACE Active Member

I pulled a 12 hr shift today I feel you pain man! Hope you guys get it back up soon!

6. cannarella

cannarella Member

My title is Sr. Network Analsyt. We are really the catch all group for all 3rd party applications and network stuff, voice and data. Which is a lot. Anything that goes into production goes through our group b/c we end up supporting it. I am heading out to San Jose next week for wireless network training. It should be fun.

I couldn't do development. I like something new everyday, but now I am regretting that... It's all good if we get it running tonight I will take tomorrow off. I am on call this week also...

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I never stop working ;)

8. cannarella

cannarella Member

I don't even know what you do. Headlights??? :)

9. cannarella

cannarella Member

Ho hum, still working...

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Me too... although, I work night shift so I guess its not the same... 8:30pm-7am... Interesting to hear about your server issues. I don't know much about the midrange side, I work with mainframes... wish I could help.

11. cannarella

cannarella Member

Things are looking up... We have progress.

We finally got rid of our mainframe last summer. They have been trying to get rid of it for the last 5 years.

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ Why? 100% Reliability is no fun anymore? I guess the random server crash keeps you on your toes...

13. cannarella

cannarella Member

I 100% agree on the reliability. Upper management has the final say... It was costing us 1 million a year just for support plus hardware costs and upgrades. We write a lot of home grown apps and bringing it to the LAN made much more sense. We run Oracle in a Dell RAC now for all order processing and other modules like financial. We have have actually saved a ton of money by moving away from it but you are right, with the all the boxes it takes to do what it did you do run into the possibiliy of down time. In the end moving everything to the LAN made more sence for out needs.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  14. cannarella

cannarella Member

Finally time to go home...

15. Overtime baby! Tuesday I started work at 7:30am, was in court (for a DUI trial) by 8:30, finally out of court by 5:00pm, and still had to work till midnight..... love it! So tired.....

16. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Blueline... got some OT huh.. Buy my AR!!! Need to get it sold......

\end threadjack

17. Lol, you still have it? I need one too, since I got transferred a few months ago..... lemme get back to you after this wedding thing goes down, maybe I'll have some money by then :D

18. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

i was unaware you started

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

your mom was unaware.

20. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I got to work when you got home, damn. Get some sleep and enjoy the weekend
    :)

21. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

How did the boost gauge turn out?

22. cannarella

cannarella Member

Did I hear AR??? How about some specs...

23. cannarella

cannarella Member

Turned out really good. Ped saw it at the hunt. I used the visor thing and I am glad I did. If it didn't there would be some bad glare off the windshield at night.

24. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Its a Rock River Arms AR-15, purchased in 2003. Only fired 3 times. It comes with 3 clips and 800ish rounds of .62 grain ammo(the heavier stuff). Just had it checked out and thoroughly cleaned to get ready to sell.
    Looking for $700