anybody got Gmail???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JJang12, May 7, 2005.

1. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I'm just wondering who's using Gmail. I want to sign up, but i heard that it's based on invitation only. so any body wanna invite me???

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Why bother, Yahoo is up to 1gb, its free and they don't monitor the mail the way Google does. Take a look at the gmail end user agreement and it tells you they can be pretty intrusive while doing "marketing research."

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

What intrusive things would those be?

I have a gmail account and a ton of invites. Anybody who wants, PM me with your email address and I'll send one on.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

gmail is to 2gb ;)

I'll send you an invite, PM your email.

and the text ads arent very intrusive at all.

5. BelvnAWD

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I have read those arguments (probably by different authors) and I have yet to see anything that really concerns me. It's mostly loose "it could happen" theories that could as well be applied to any other email provider that stores your mail...

Just my $.02 -- I can see people being concerned, but I'm not one of 'em.

7. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

8. BelvnAWD

To each his own I say. Some end user agreements are downright horrifying, but I still use the software because its the only thing that does what I want. I have had my yahoo account as a general mail account for years, so I don't feel the need to switch. I didn't mean to imply that people shouldn't use it, just stating why I don't...

9. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Thanx guys. Since i always use fake name and addy whenever i sign up stuffs on internet, i'll be okay with Gmail about my privacy. :D :D And thanx for your advice.

10. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

on gmail and lovinit. let's be honest, anything in an email, regardless of provider, is not private.