Anybody with guitar synth experience?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Oct 25, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Pondering an Ovation + GR-30/33 and pickup... anybody have experience with this stuff?

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

back when I worked at the local guitar shop we had some kickass Ovation guitars. My friends used to come in and crank those through a nice Line 6 amp and head and it was a really good sounding combo.

I have no clue about that one in particular though.

3. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I try to stick to air guitar :D

4. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i have an ovation (i forget the number) solid top cf shallow bowl... i used to run it through an ART board (still do from time to time) and it sounds fantastic.

now if your getting into heavy shit (roland processors and such) Godin guitars (though pricey as hell) are fantastic combo cause godins are specifically designed for that stuff and even have a roland pickup i think.

both guitars have amazing action on them and great unplugged sound as well.

basically i would recommend ovations to anyone, i used to have 6 guitars (a few electrics, a classical, a 6 string acoustic, and a 12 string acoustic) and when i got rid of all of them (i wasn't playing out anymore), i needed a guitar that i could rely on to do pretty much whatever i wanted to pluggged or unplugged, and ovation totally fit the bill

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005