Anyone brew their own beer?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, Nov 11, 2005.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

My old roommate and I did this a few times. I was stupid and let him give away all the breweing para when I moved down here. Anyone ever Brew before? Got any good recipies? Anyone interested in maybe trying to start a batch?

2. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

drew carey does:)

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll help u drink it

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

My brother brews all the time. He has 4 different beers on tap, and 7 more on the way. Check out Brewboards my brother is always on there looking up random stuff. Mmmmmm homebrew is tasty

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

My Brother in Law does like once or twice a year. I had a 6 pack awhile ago that Milo tried, I think Alex may have also, or it might have been Mike. Anyways, it wasn't bad, not my first choice in beer, but not at all bad.

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

When I move off campus I'm stealing my dad's Brewing kit we got him for his birthday years ago. He hasnt touched it except to make some root beer for us as kids. One of his friends brewed up some blueberry beer that I got to taste and it was interesting from what I can remember (I was maybe 14 at the time, just a sip).

It's gotta be a whole lot cheaper than buying.

7. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

how long does the whole process take? from start to end of fermentation? and how much beer does it yield?

8. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i got my dad a kit for fathers days, years ago. he got into it. made up his own labels and whatnot. he called it copperhead. and man, the way he made it was it had a bite. he used maltodextrin (sp?). it raised alcohol content quite a bit without making the beer too sweet. not the best tasting beer, but who cares when 2 bottles does you right. :naughty:

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

If I remember correctly, the whole process takes about 2 months. It really isn't any cheaper than buying cases at the store. Ingredients and all come out to about the same price as a standard case. If you drink a more expensive beer then you could end up saving a little money.

10. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

It can take anywhere from about 3 or 4 weeks to 1 or 2 years....my brother has a batch that has been fermenting for almost 10 months now...then again it is supposed to have about 15 or 16% alcohol...:)