anyone familiar with Joomla?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Brian, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

looking at putting up a web page for my HOA and Joomla seems like a good content management setup. Also looking to use SiteGround.com. Any input on Joomla or SiteGround would be very appreciated!

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ive used Joomla on several occasions. It is a powerful, php-based, opensource CMS (content management system). It is extremely easy to configure and there are plenty of "add-ons" available for it in their community. Best of all, it is fairly easy to style (design) to your liking.

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I have used joomla on a few sites as well. It has worked great on the sites I have used it for and was easy to pass the ball on it once I was done with them.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

thanks for the info, I'll be setting up a site shortly.

5. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

+1 on the above. use joomla for a module-driven end-user CMS with a great developer community behind it. you can also integrate SMF forum engine into joomla pretty well too from what I've heard. and I believe you can also stitch in osCommerce to process HOA dues if you want to. just make sure you button up the backend.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  6. Brian

Brian Active Member

"button up"? maybe processing $$ in the distant future, but I'll be happy for now to have a nice message board for registered users that doesn't win a "worst website" award. :)

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I dont think OSC would be necessary for such a simple task; there are at least two joomla based ecommerce plug ins that could work...

And of course there are always the simple "Buy Now" paypal buttons.